Help with Testing Shock Levels of Chlorine

Jun 28, 2011
Hello TFP.

Hey Guys need Help, SWG Took a dump on me and I now have Algae forming.

Need some assistance with Testing Higher Chlorine Levels, (Trying to SLAM the pool)

The only "DECENT" test kit I could get in this part of Canada was the LaMotte Pool Manager 3368
as seen here: http://eduardojamesblog.blogspot.ca/201 ... mming.html

Problem being is the DPD 1 and DPD 3 Chlorine Test's only go up to 3.0.

I have called all over this town and cannot find any test kits that test much higher. (7 being the max)

I'm wondering if a can dilute the Pool water with distilled water and multiply the results.
The Test requires 5ml of Pool water to one DPD tablet

I need to SLAM around 18 according to my CYA Levels and the Pool Calculator.

Welcome to the forum. :wave:

Dilution will work but you dilute your precision by about the same amount. It will work for you to maintain at or reasonably close to SLAM level FC but it will not work to perform OCLT.....there is not enough precison.

Bama Rambler said:
Those are the reagents you need.
You need something to dip the powder with. A popsicle stick works in a pinch.
You need something to measure and hold 10ml of water and allow you to swirl it around.

Thank you Very Much. I have a few Test Tubes 10ml and larger that came with the LaMotte Pool Manger Kit (Not a Cheap kit here in Canada)

Roughly how much power is used for this test?

Thank you so very very much with all your help.

Picking up all the Reagents at 4:30 tonight. ($65.00..ouch)

This website is the best. Been a member for a couple years now, First Post with amazing results.

Looking forward to a crystal clear pool

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.