Cloudy water?

unkyjoe

LifeTime Supporter
Jun 24, 2013
Seguin TX
Greetings,

Been using the BBB method since setting the pool up and have had crystal clear water.

I keep my FC around 3-5ppm at all times.
My PH is a little high at 7.8 but I like it there.
CYA=35

Bather load, 2 people for about 1.5 hrs each day.

The only thing I changed was the filter I use, I switched from the standard filter that comes with the Intex "which I cleaned daily" to the Filbur FC-3710.

I run the pump about 4hrs per day and before changing out the filter was keeping the pool crystal clear.

Ideas?

I still have the orig filter I got with the pool. It is clean and ready to use.

Truth be told, the filter that came with the pool appears to be "better quality" than the Filbur one?

Seems to have more pleats and better construction, the Filbur filter can be compressed while the orig Intex one cant be crushed. The plastic inside the Intex filter goes from top to bottom while the Filbur has a floating plastic stiffener that floats inside of the core of the filter.

I thought these Filbur filters were a better grade than the Intex, however I am finding this may not be the case :(

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.