Pool Fountain Running Intermittently

Jun 20, 2013
Hopefully someone will see this and post. I purchased a Pool Fountain attachment to help aerate my pool as the builder screwed up and even though we requested one built in, the salesman did not mark it down and we failed to notice that it was marked as no in the contract. Anyway we have the Fountain that can attach to one of the returns in our pool but when we run the pump, the water only sprays out of the return for about a minute every 10 minutes or so as it cycles through the in-floor cleaning nozzles. What I was wondering is if there is anyway to just turn on the water return jets so that it runs constantly as having it run during the cleaning cycles just doesn't run long enough to do any good.

All your returns are on the distributor. That makes it kinda fun. :(

If you can determine which one of those lines out the bottom of the distributor is the wall return you could tee into it below the distributor and route it to the outlet of the filter and plumb it in using a 3-way valve. That way you could either run it straight from the filter discharge of through the distributor.

nlambson said:
Looks like I will have to do some digging which isn't fun in an Arizona summer. Thanks for the help.

Another option would be to hook a water hose with a nice nozzle up to that water spigot and use it to aerate until you can get some plumbing done. I do this in conjuction with my inline aerator and it works really good. I got down to 87* last weekend.

That would work good. I can actually just buy the aerator nozzle from Amazon and mount it on one end of a small piece of PVC pipe and then find and end for the other side that will let me screw the hose in. Then I could just find something to mount the small PVC pipe onto to keep it from moving all over when water is flowing through it. I could just set it on the brick at the edge of the pool and turn the pump on and then open up the spigot. My only question would be, if I do that I am pulling water from the inlet pipe to the filter so will it affect the water pressure enough to keep the in-floor cleaning nozzles from working properly or effectively?

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.