Calcium level steep drop?

Jun 13, 2012
Russellville, AR
As you can see in my sig, I have a vinyl above-ground pool, so I don't test the calcium hardness very often.

Back on July 8th, it was 110. I didn't test it again until the 20th, a couple of days after I had SLAMmed my pool. I only registered 20.

I haven't drained the pool or replaced a lot of water either. I figured "eh, you screwed up the test. Get it right next time."

Today was "next time", and I got 20 again.

Should I be concerned, or is this a "non-issue" since it's a vinyl pool?

Non issue, but there is likely some test error somewhere if you got 110 before. The only other explanation is that your fill water changed, and you replaced more of the old than you thought. The SLAM did nothing to your calcium level.

The only fill water replaced is during vacuuming, 'cause I have that cheapo vacuum that uses the water hose, but that wouldn't cause that much of a drop.

I didn't consider that my first reading was off (duh! should have been obvious!). That is probably the case. I already thought I did my FC wrong that same day (been keeping up with it on a spreadsheet). Must have been a bad day for testing. :oops: I thought 110 was high for tap water, but hey, what do I know...

Anyway, if it's a non-issue, then I'm not going to worry about adjusting the calcium.

Thanks again peeps! :goodjob:

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.