Since the beginning of May I've had the "check/ clean cell" message flash. It does continue to make chlorine but at a 98% production rate. I need to know what my next steps should be. Here is what I've done thus far: (pool is 12,500 gal)
1. Tested salt from pool store: 3100 ppm. Reading is the same on pool pilot
2. Replaced cell. Still have warning light. I did set " replace cell" back to 0 in maintenance menu
3. Checked 220v coming into Pool system. Pool pilot is wired correctly to 220, and the breakers are working fine to not produce 110v
4. Water temp 86 degrees
5. Cell Reading: 17v 3.8 Amps
I have had a tech come out, and he says I should get a whole new system, because he believes the power module is fried. Should I:
1. Get a new power module? Part #16084 -$320
2. Go for a whole new unit. I would go Nano because it would handle my needs just fine $650
3. Replace cell cord first $55
4. Does it hurt to continue to use since its making chlorine? - $0
5. Something else....
As you can see, money is top of mind. Let me know your thoughts.