First TF 100 results

Well, my results are in.
    FC 8.0
    CC .5
    TA 240
    CH 90
    CYA 100ish

So my target FC will be 12.

Do I need to worry about getting my TA lowered as long as my ph isn't rising too fast?

I need to get my CH up. I have fiberglass walls and concrete bottom. Not sure if there is plaster over the concrete.

I need to get my CYA down. Pool calc says to replace 60% of my water. I think I will just vacuum to waste once a week til it's down. I'm going to test CYA again. What are the best time of day and weather conditions for this test?

Any other thoughts?
    45ish year old, 16x32, 19,000, IG, Concrete/Fiberglass Hybrid in need of restoration
    Sand filter with 3/4 hp AO Smith pump. 1 skimmer, 1 main drain, 1 return

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: First TF 100 results

What is your PH. if it raises to fast lower it with acid. Doing this will also lower TA. Repeating that will keep lowering TA.

The CYA test should be done in the sun with your back to the sun with the tube at waist height. Your plan to lower CYA is ok.

Jeff
    24'x54" AG Morada RTR (by wilbar) 13'500 gal. Hayward Powerflo Matrix 1hp 2 speed. Hayward Perflex EC65 DE filter.

3. Back To Top    #3

Quick question about the TA test. Did you wipe the bottle tip with a damp cloth after each drop ? It prevents static electricity.

Jeff
    24'x54" AG Morada RTR (by wilbar) 13'500 gal. Hayward Powerflo Matrix 1hp 2 speed. Hayward Perflex EC65 DE filter.

4. Back To Top    #4

Ph was 7.4. Sorry. Missed that. Yes. I did wipe the tip. In the spring, before I found you guys I was trying to raise my ph with baking soda--a lot of baking soda. So I think my TA is accurate.
    45ish year old, 16x32, 19,000, IG, Concrete/Fiberglass Hybrid in need of restoration

5. Back To Top    #5

In the Industry

before I found you guys I was trying to raise my ph with baking soda--a lot of baking soda. So I think my TA is accurate.
    Yep, I think you are right.
    Dave S.
    42k vinyl and concrete pool, 1.5hp pump, 140gpm filter
    TFTestkits , PoolMath , Pool School

6. Back To Top    #6

Right. Baking soda raises TA. Borax raises PH.

Jeff

7. Back To Top    #7

So I added bleach after testing, a little more than needed. FC tested at 16 last night at dusk. This morning it was 14. CC both times was low. Light pink after adding R0003. One drop changed it back to clear. There was a little sun on the water this morning when I checked. I have about 2 feet of water that isn't covered by my solar blanket. Thats where i took my sample. Do you think that's a pass or a fail on the OCLT? I guess I'll try again tonight.

Is it necessary to be at shock level to do the OCLT?

8. Back To Top    #8

In the Industry

It's a fail but you can give yourself an F+ You are VERY close so I would give it another day at SLAM value and I'll bet you'll pass.

It's not necessary to be at shock (SLAM) value to do the OCLT but it's not a bad idea, either, as the extra chlorine is continuing to clear any remaining organics from your pool.
    Dave S.
    42k vinyl and concrete pool, 1.5hp pump, 140gpm filter
    TFTestkits , PoolMath , Pool School