Will this work??

tootie

Apr 29, 2008
NC
Hey peeps!!
I'm a long time lurker,and proud owner of a 18 popup intex,this is my 4th year without any problems,thanks to BBB :-D .Matter of fact,mine is the only one in the neighborhood still running :lol:
I was giving a 24 intex metal frame with the original pump,2500gph and a Purex Triton Sanddollar filter SD35,so my question would be,will this set up work,or to I need to look for a bigger Pump???

The Pool itself is in great Shape.She only had it up for one year.... I believe the only reason she gave it up, was because she "DID NOT LISTEN",to me trying to teach her about BBB.So now she is getting an IG with a frog system :grrrr: I wished her good luck......

Thanks for any help!!

Cheers Margit

She WILL come to regret the FROG.... :roll: :grrrr:

I think you'll be okay, just the fact that you have chosen BBB has you one step ahead.

Give the 2,500 pump a try and see how it works for you. get lots of replacement filters, they gunk up quick....

Do a search of "Intex" on here, and read as much as you can to prepare yourself.

Good luck, welcome to TFP!

2500 gph is 41.67 GPM, so if you get anywhere near that, it should be adequate. You might want to check the max flow your new sand filter can handle just to be sure there isn't an issue there.

Rangeball said:
2500 gph is 41.67 GPM, so if you get anywhere near that, it should be adequate. You might want to check the max flow your new sand filter can handle just to be sure there isn't an issue there.
Ok,now I have a issue..I cant find the serial nor the model number on the filter..

It has a big sticker on the tank SD35 SD40 SD60,so witch one do I have??
Oh Lord,I know the answer is right in front of me...."brain fog"
I measured the Tank its 35,so my guess is,its the SD35..
Any thoughts???

Sooooooo,I find out it's the SD60,witch according to the manual has a flow rate of 50GPM.
Is that still considered in the neighborhood of of 41.67??
Or do I need to look for a bigger pump?

Thanks for any help

Margit

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Update..
It's up and running...I could not have done it without this Awesome place.."YOU GUY"S ROCK"
100_1451.jpg

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.