Become a TFP Supporter Welcome to our new server and new forum software. Pool School
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Stonescapes minipebble Tahoe or Tropics blue?

Re: Stonescapes minipebble Tahoe or Tropics blue?

Quote Originally Posted by zephard
    Quote Originally Posted by christophertx
    We had the same decision - Tahoe Blue or Tropics Blue (Midnight Blue was too dark for us). We have a NPT Tile office here in Dallas (who make Stonescapes) and dropped in to speak with them about it. They said Tahoe Blue is their most popular color. It can have a slight green tint to it depending on the particular application, lighting, depth, etc. Tropics blue is [supposed to be] a little more blue and slightly darker.

We went with the Tropics Blue and had our first plaster day yesterday (acid washing today). I'll post some additional pics after we get the water in.

chris
    Would love to see it with water in it (right after) and when you get the chems in line. I will be posting ours in our construction thread here. I think we get plaster early next week.
    Zephard - Here are some pics now that water chemistry is in line. Keep in mind my depth profile is 3.5'-5'-4' and this at 11a in the Texas sun. It's a little darker than I expected it to be, but I like it.

I took a look at your updated pics in your build thread and your color looks similar (given depth, light, etc) - which I think looks pretty good, btw. How do you like it?

[attachment=1:1dzvfcum]2013-08-17 Pool 004.jpg[/attachment:1dzvfcum]
    [attachment=0:1dzvfcum]2013-08-17 Pool 006.jpg[/attachment:1dzvfcum]
    Attached Images Attached Images
    33'x21' IG Gunite, 8'x6' Spa, Pentair Pumps/Filter/Heater, Ultrapure Ozone Generator, Travertine Deck and Coping
    My Pool Build: http://www.troublefreepool.com/just-...tx-t67735.html

I really do like it. Its just the right blue, not to light, not to dark, and like the mother of pearl pieces in it.

Your pics look really nice.
    Pool: IG, 8'W x20'L x5' deep, 6000 gallons, Stonescapes Blue Tropics Mini-Pebble gunite pool
    Equipment: Hayward SwimClear 3030 cartridge filter, SP32102EE Tristar 1 HP 2-speed pump,
    Universal H-Series Low NOx H400FDN (400K BTU) heater, SWG = Hayward Aqua
    Rite with Turbo Cell 9, and a Navigator XL cleaner
    Ground break 7/12/2013 Filled 8/6/2013

I LOVE it!!! It looks awesome!
    Helen
    Dallas Area, 16,000 gal IG, Easytouch 8 computer, Intelliflo 3HP Variable Speed pool pump, Pentair Smart Pump 4x160, Pentair 3/4 HP Booster Pump, FNS 60 DE 60, Mastertemp 400, Rainbow 320, Dual Timer w/ freeze protection, Intellichor SWG, TF100 Test Kit, POOL FILLED AUG 3, 2012, ORDER YOUR TF100 KIT FROM http://tftestkits.net
    http://www.troublefreepool.com/under...ie-t49936.html

Christophertx, Greetings. Been following your build with our new build. Same controversy of the tahoe vs tropics going on with us. Would be most appreciative of the full details of your not stones capes tropics blue pool finish. I.E. the specifications of with oe without abalone, mini pebble or regular, or any added/subtracted elements to it. My wife and I agree that your color is awesome. It's exactly what we are looking for. Thanks so much and enjoy your pool once the weather improves. We are in central Texas fyi.