Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School
Page 1 of 19 123411 ... LastLast

Thread: New build, Houston (Cypress), Tx

1. Back To Top    #1

New build, Houston (Cypress), Tx

Hi!

I posted a thread about the layout but we're all signed now and ready to move forward so I thought I'd start a build thread.

Here's the layout. Couple of minor changes from the below like we're going to outline all of the decking with flagstone to make it really pop but it's essentially correct.

Pool specs:

Custom freeform pool
    112' Perimeter ft
    38'x24'
    3.5'-7' depth
    Approx. 24,500 gallons

4" deck drain system run to street
    Overflow drain tied into drainage system and taken out to street
    Automatic fill line with valve

8 return lines
    1 cleaner lines
    2 main drains
    2 skimmers

Hayward 2.7hp total hp Tristar max efficient pool pump
    Hayward 2.7hp total hp Tristar max efficient water feature pump
    Hayward pool cleaner booster pump
    425 sqft Hayward swim clear cartridge filter
    Hayward prologic PS-8 with digital wireless remote and in-home docking station
    Hayward H series 400,000 BTU heater
    Hayward T-cell 9 Salt chlorination system turbo cell
    Hayward colorlogic LED lights with preset light show function (2 lights in pool, 1 in spa)
    Hayward neverlube valves

Polaris Black Max 280 pool cleaner

Wet edge pearl matrix or satin matrix

8 ton moss rock boulder waterfall with cave with 3 water locations on independent pump
    Gunite pool slide with 5 gunite stairs, additional 2.7hp pump, epoxy slide coating. Sealed rock.

1,100 sqft new decking, 1350 sqft stamped overlay over new and existing decking

Dig scheduled for 8/3!! Woohoo!

Here's the before pictures:

38'x24' freeform IG gunite, 26k gallons, 3.5' - 7'
    8t Moss rock waterfall with gunite slide
    SWCG, 2 x 2.7hp Hayward Tristar pumps, booster pump, 425 sqft cartridge, 400,000 BTU heater, Polaris Black Max 280, ProLogic PS8 & Aquapod

2. Back To Top    #2

In the Industry

Re: New build, Houston (Cypress), Tx

New pool build! Post lots more pics!
    Dave S.
    42k vinyl and concrete pool, 1.5hp pump, 140gpm filter
    TFTestkits , PoolMath , Pool School

3. Back To Top    #3

I have never seen a brick fence before....
    18k: IG: Black Granite Liner: Aspen: 16x33.5: SWG: Polaris 280

My pool build new-pool-build-in-nh-t60957.html

4. Back To Top    #4

Quote Originally Posted by duraleigh
    New pool build! Post lots more pics!
    Thanks! There'll be plenty more pics to follow!
    They were round this morning to stake and mark the pool in the yard so I'll post pictures of that when I get home from work tonight!

So excited to start the process! Scheduled to dig on 8/3, and gunite is currently scheduled for 8/6, weather permitting.
    SWCG, 2 x 2.7hp Hayward Tristar pumps, booster pump, 425 sqft cartridge, 400,000 BTU heater, Polaris Black Max 280, ProLogic PS8 & Aquapod

5. Back To Top    #5

Quote Originally Posted by doobs41378
    I have never seen a brick fence before....
    I'm at the edge of a subdivision and the brick wall is the development boundary. I actually really like having it, it's great to kick a soccer ball against!

6. Back To Top    #6

In the Industry

Kicking a soccer ball around your pool should not be allowed. The chances of it knocking over an adult beverage before it is fully consumed is too risky.
    Dave S.

7. Back To Top    #7

Quote Originally Posted by duraleigh
    Kicking a soccer ball around your pool should not be allowed. The chances of it knocking over an adult beverage before it is fully consumed is too risky.
    True True!
    One of my tasks is going to be to fence off a section of yard from the pool to enable kids to play safely and this will also be where the soccer ball gets kicked around so the beer will be safe!
    I think this will be over and above a safety fence around the pool but I haven't made a decision on that yet. I figured that I would wait a week or two until after the pool is finished to determine how we're going to use the decking and where I can put a KatchaKid fence (or similar)

8. Back To Top    #8

So the PB came out this morning and staked out the pool. He warned us before he started that it may look small and close to the house when it's staked out but it will feel a lot bigger than it looks drawn out on the floor. Fortunately it actually felt quite big to us and we're happy with the layout now that it's drawn in place in our yard.
    It's a little hard to make it out from the photos but here are a few anyway!

9. Back To Top    #9

Looking good! I like the layout.

~TexSS

~TexSS Built: 8/13, 19K Gal ?, IG Pebble, 3 HP IntelliFlo XF Pump, 100 Sq. Ft Pentair Quad D.E. Cartridge Style Filter, Chlorine, Cleaner Pentair Legend
    Geometric Pool Size 24 x 26 513 Square Feet; Perimeter - 107; Depth 3 x 5 1/2 x 4
    100 Sq. Ft Pentair Quad D.E. Cartridge Style Filter; System Pump Pentair 3 HP IntelliFlo XF; Water Feature Pump Pentair 2 HP Whisperflo; Pentair EasyTouch 8 Automated Control System, with IntelliChlor and Wireless Remote Control; ScreenLogic 2; Heater - 400,000 BTU Pentair MasterTemp; Cleaner Pentair Legend; 2 Pentair Intellibrite 5g Color LED Pool Lights & Pentair Intellibrite 5g Color LED Spa Light; Nysa Travertine Coping; Honey Gold Classic Split Faced Wall Stone; Pebble Sheen - Aqua Blue; Walnut Tumbled Travertine Decking atop 4 Poured Concrete Decking

10. Back To Top    #10

So.... I wake up this morning to a Bobcat in my drive! PB had an opening and dig has been moved to today!!!

Pics to follow later!

11. Back To Top    #11

Cool! Have fun!

~TexSS

~TexSS Built: 8/13, 19K Gal ?, IG Pebble, 3 HP IntelliFlo XF Pump, 100 Sq. Ft Pentair Quad D.E. Cartridge Style Filter, Chlorine, Cleaner Pentair Legend
    Geometric Pool Size 24 x 26 513 Square Feet; Perimeter - 107; Depth 3 x 5 1/2 x 4
    100 Sq. Ft Pentair Quad D.E. Cartridge Style Filter; System Pump Pentair 3 HP IntelliFlo XF; Water Feature Pump Pentair 2 HP Whisperflo; Pentair EasyTouch 8 Automated Control System, with IntelliChlor and Wireless Remote Control; ScreenLogic 2; Heater - 400,000 BTU Pentair MasterTemp; Cleaner Pentair Legend; 2 Pentair Intellibrite 5g Color LED Pool Lights & Pentair Intellibrite 5g Color LED Spa Light; Nysa Travertine Coping; Honey Gold Classic Split Faced Wall Stone; Pebble Sheen - Aqua Blue; Walnut Tumbled Travertine Decking atop 4 Poured Concrete Decking

12. Back To Top    #12

First cut!

13. Back To Top    #13

In the Industry

Diggin' Dirt!

Nice looking form work. That's a very good sign.
    Dave S.

14. Back To Top    #14

Thanks. I'm very happy with the PB so far. Considering they weren't scheduled to dig until Saturday it's been an incredibly organized day. Rebar crew got here 45 mins before digging crew were done and they are now working fast but with incredible skill. Very impressive to watch.

They clipped my neighbor to be's grass when coming in with the bobcat (my neighbor actually closes on the house today) and the home builder had a bit of a fit but I'd previously spoken to my neighbor to be and warned him that I may have to go on about a foot or less of his yard but that we would repair any damage. In any case, the PB has replaced the sod on it already and it looks good as new.

15. Back To Top    #15

Man, this rebar crew have put in a full days work. It's 8.45 pm right now and they're still going strong.

It's a bit too dark for photos right now so I'll post a few from a couple of hours ago. They've now finished the main pool and are working on the waterfall.

16. Back To Top    #16

Finished rebar.

Gunite is still scheduled for Tuesday so next few days will be a bit slow with just the plumbing going on.

17. Back To Top    #17

In the Industry

Nice start!

18. Back To Top    #18

Gunite is here!
    Was originally scheduled for yesterday but had to get put back a day over the weekend.
    Excited! Sure we're not the most popular people in the street this morning though; 5 trucks plus pickups turned up at 6.30am!

19. Back To Top    #19

Start of gunite.

20. Back To Top    #20

In the Industry

I really like seeing those "drop cloths" put up.....I think you are in the hands of some pros.
    Dave S.

Page 1 of 19 123411 ... LastLast