Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: THANK YOU! THANK YOU!!!

1. Back To Top    #1

THANK YOU! THANK YOU!!!

I came here because I was having the classic "Pool Story" experience. I call it "Pool Story" because it is never ending - and I believe they are making it up as they go along. After our last long weekend away I treated it per instructions with my weekly $50 in chemicals and came home to stains. Enough!

I came to BBB and within 48 hours the pool was clean and clear. I'm still learning my testing methods but the proof was when we pulled in last night and I approached the pool with some trepidation. My family has learned to scatter and be scarce for fear I'm going to blow when I come back to murky water and stains. Instead I beheld crystal clear sparkling water. I don't think this water has looked this good in two years (knock wood!)

I was able to return our pool to swim worthy and sparkling for a grand total of less than $20 (so far). I still have bleach and Borax left! I CANNOT THANK YOU ENOUGH!!!

If you've been afraid to try the BBB method I have this to say: if you came here because the Pool Story wasn't able to help with trouble with your pool there comes a point when you (I) say "what do I have to lose?" You are already losing swim time and money when the PS can't help you. This site is fantastic for learning to help yourself.
    24' round/52" deep Leisure Bay AG est. 13.5k gallons
    Hayward TS180 Sand Filter

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: THANK YOU! THANK YOU!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Kymberly
    "Pool Story"
    Classic!

This site is fantastic for learning to help yourself.
    We have a winner!
    Gold Supporter, TFP Lifetime Supporter, 26,680 gal Plaster IGP 3.5 - 10' depth / Attached Waterfall Spa, Manually Chlorinated, Triton Sand Filter, 1.5 HP * 1.1 SF = 1.65 SFHP 1-speed Pentair WhisperFlo WF-26 Pump, 400K BTU NG Teledyne Laars Series One Heater, Polaris 360, Test Kit Comparison, Chlorine/CYA Chart, SLAMing Your Pool, OCLT
    A good test kit is an investment, not an expense.

3. Back To Top    #3

Oh dear... I feel a new parody coming

A Pool Story "Be careful with that BBB; You'll burn someone's eyes out."

Need to think on this a bit.
    16K freeform gunite with spa; Pentair 4000 DE filter; Century Whisperflow 1 HP; Pentair Minimax heater.
    Troublefree does not mean Maintenancefree. It's like brushing your teeth: You can spend a couple minutes a day and pennies a week or go to the dentist once a year and spend several thousand dollars.
    A pool is like a pet - you have to feed it every day, even the days you don't want to play with it!

4. Back To Top    #4

I came here because I was having the classic "Pool Story" experience. I call it "Pool Story" because it is never ending - and I believe they are making it up as they go along. After our last long weekend away I treated it per instructions with my weekly $50 in chemicals and came home to stains. Enough!

I came to BBB and within 48 hours the pool was clean and clear. I'm still learning my testing methods but the proof was when we pulled in last night and I approached the pool with some trepidation. My family has learned to scatter and be scarce for fear I'm going to blow when I come back to murky water and stains. Instead I beheld crystal clear sparkling water. I don't think this water has looked this good in two years (knock wood!)

I was able to return our pool to swim worthy and sparkling for a grand total of less than $20 (so far). I still have bleach and Borax left! I CANNOT THANK YOU ENOUGH!!!

If you've been afraid to try the BBB method I have this to say: if you came here because the Pool Story wasn't able to help with trouble with your pool there comes a point when you (I) say "what do I have to lose?" You are already losing swim time and money when the PS can't help you. This site is fantastic for learning to help yourself.
    Isn't it awesome!!!! Saves a lot of money It's all I use
    15' X 48" Intex Metal Frame pool with skimmer on side and Type A filter

5. Back To Top    #5

I Agree completely. Great site, and it really empowers the pool owner. My pool looks great, best it has in a long time. Have not gone away yet so that will be the acid test so to speak. I find myself just staring at the crystal clear water in the pool. No surprises like clear one day cloudy the next. I spent a small fortune on powder shock and it was still not clear the first month of the season. Highly recommend the testing kit through the forum. TFP100 thanks again for this great site. Happy pool owner... Finally!

6. Back To Top    #6

Agreed the BBB method makes my pool so easy and cheap to maintain. The pool look and feels great!
    IG, 18K gallons, 100' Perimeter, 565 SF surface area, 980sf interior area, Max Length -36', Max Width - 16', Pentair 520 Clean and Clear Cartridge Filter, Stenner Chemical Injection System (Chlorine, Acid Coming Soon) , Pebble Tech - Blue Granite, Pentair variable speed filter pump, Zodiac MX8 Cleaner, Multi-Colored LED Lighting, Travertine coping & Decking, Boulder Water Fall....