Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: New pool

1. Back To Top    #1

Taylors, SC

New pool

I'm totally new to having a pool. My wife and I have been talking about it for years and the time was finally right to have a pool installed. I'm the kind of guy who gets most of my information from the internet. I stumbled across this site and think I've found the site to learn what I need to knew. I just ordered the TF 100 test kit and like the ideas behind BBB. I've been reading over the boards and have learned quiet a bit already, but am sure that I will have plenty of questions as I go along. I look forward to getting to know the whys and why nots of pool maintenance.
    13,000K gal. 14X28 IG Vinyl, 1HP Sta-Rite Dyna Pro Centrifugal pump, Sta_Rite Vertical Grid DE Filter, Pentair IntelliChlor SWG. Pentair EasyTouch control system.

2. Back To Top    #2
    Mexico, MO

Re: New pool

Welcome to TFP!

Since you like to read, here's something to satisfy your need for info: pool-school/

It may take several readings, but it sounds like you've already got the basic idea.
    15'x48" 4500 gallon Intex pool, buried 1.5 ft. Pac-Fab Dynamo 3/4 hp pump. Hayward S180T sand filter, bought used. Taylor K-2006 test kit. Rocket mass heater based wood fired pool heater.

3. Back To Top    #3
    DFW, Texas

Re: New pool

Welcome to TFP!
    Gold Supporter, TFP Lifetime Supporter, 26,680 gal Plaster IGP 3.5 - 10' depth / Attached Waterfall Spa, Manually Chlorinated, Triton Sand Filter, 1.5 HP * 1.1 SF = 1.65 SFHP 1-speed Pentair WhisperFlo WF-26 Pump, 400K BTU NG Teledyne Laars Series One Heater, Polaris 360, Test Kit Comparison, Chlorine/CYA Chart, SLAMing Your Pool, OCLT
    A good test kit is an investment, not an expense.