Here we go!! DIY IG started SE Ohio

gmmastertech1

LifeTime Supporter
Jun 28, 2013
Southern Ohio
Hi everyone, I posted a few times on another topic about any info about PoolWarehouse.com Well, I placed the order with them about 10 days ago and I have received all the paper work, dig sheets, etc. as well as the black skimmer faceplates and black return faceplates. We received the tracking number via Old Dominion truck lines about expected delivery of the wallaround Wed. So, I started the excavation this weekend. Hopefully these pictures show! I'll be taking a few pics to post along all steps of the build. It is an 18 x 36 lagoon vinyl sport bottom black granite liner. We plan on installing 4 deck jets, all 2" rigid individual lines. Rock waterfall in the future. Bare with me, this will take some time as I normally work around 10 hours a day and have 3 kids! So, here we go! Wish me luck![attachment=2:e5jfykod]Pool dig 1.jpeg[/attachment:e5jfykod][attachment=1:e5jfykod]Pool dig 2.jpeg[/attachment:e5jfykod][attachment=0:e5jfykod]Pool dig 3.jpeg[/attachment:e5jfykod]

Attachments

• Pool dig 1.jpeg
    Pool dig 1.jpeg
    194.3 KB · Views: 1,002
  • Pool dig 2.jpeg
    Pool dig 2.jpeg
    188.1 KB · Views: 1,002
  • Pool dig 3.jpeg
    Pool dig 3.jpeg
    130.4 KB · Views: 1,002
Good Luck with your build. Love that you included photos of your daughter on her 4wheeler enjoying the dirt! My kids would have loved that at her age. I will be following your build closely. We start excavation on our DIY IG tomorrow.

Nice excavation. I started mine this weekend too using a Kubota 121, but I stockpiled everything along the edge with the plan of building up a berm along the side of the yard. I intend to move the material around because I have plenty of land but my soil is all dry medium to coarse sand and gravel so I wasn't able to get a skidsteer on the pile. I was rushing to get the digging done while I still had the borrowed excavator so I periodically pulled myself on the stockpile to move the material further away and in the process managed to fill the tracks with enough material to walk out of them. Three times. I'm pretty good at getting them back on now, but I'm running out of grease!

Three kids here as well. We are between sports right now. Hockey will be starting for them soon though. I think my boys are having more fun just playing in the dirt right now. [attachment=0:1suj1q8d]ImageUploadedByTapatalk1375143883.270403.jpg[/attachment:1suj1q8d]
My daughter stuck her head out the back door a couple times today. (Teenager)...

Attachments

• ImageUploadedByTapatalk1375143883.270403.jpg
    ImageUploadedByTapatalk1375143883.270403.jpg
    76.7 KB · Views: 887

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
gmmastertech1 said:
Hey diyindux, where are located? Looks like we have several DIY builds at the same time!
I'm in southeastern Massachusetts. Hopefully I'll make it through this project. My goal is to get some water in this thing before I have to close it up. My kids are 8 and 9, and they have been "helping" as well. My 9 year old got the hang of operating the excavator almost immediately, except that he tends to move the material around without really getting it out of the hole. We'll see of he sticks around for mixing the pool base!

The kit has been delivered! I just left work for a few to unload the truck. Everything seems to be in order, but I will check more thoroughly when I get home. 4 skids. 1 skid weighed 2500lbs!!! It was all the skid steer wanted! I'll update with some pics later.

[attachment=2:2su320a9]Pool build 1.jpeg[/attachment:2su320a9][attachment=1:2su320a9]Pool build 2.jpeg[/attachment:2su320a9][attachment=0:2su320a9]Pool build 3.jpeg[/attachment:2su320a9]

Attachments

• Pool build 1.jpeg
    Pool build 1.jpeg
    201.7 KB · Views: 726
  • Pool build 2.jpeg
    Pool build 2.jpeg
    153 KB · Views: 726
  • Pool build 3.jpeg
    Pool build 3.jpeg
    148.5 KB · Views: 726
Behind the pool stairs, I am also finishing a large retaining wall on both sides where we excavated out a walk out basement in the house we bought and remodeled. It had an unfinished basement, so I converted it to a downstairs with full French door walkout.[attachment=0:n6v6h5jj]Retaining build.jpeg[/attachment:n6v6h5jj]

Attachments

• Retaining build.jpeg
    Retaining build.jpeg
    125.5 KB · Views: 723
Walls are up! It's going to take some time to get these babies leveled! Kinda thought there might be one straight panel. Not![attachment=1:2rdxn8yh]Pool build 4.jpeg[/attachment:2rdxn8yh][attachment=0:2rdxn8yh]Pool build 5.jpeg[/attachment:2rdxn8yh]

Attachments

• Pool build 4.jpeg
    Pool build 4.jpeg
    143.1 KB · Views: 729
  • Pool build 5.jpeg
    Pool build 5.jpeg
    137.9 KB · Views: 729
Looks great. Not one straight wall to square up! I'm guessing you just level and plumb each wall making sure the gap is tight between the panels. Of course I'm sure you've got some measurements to pull across the pool. You will be surprised how sturdy everything is once you drive the bracing stakes.
I really like the full width steps.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.