Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Here we go!! DIY IG started SE Ohio

1. Back To Top    #1

Here we go!! DIY IG started SE Ohio

Hi everyone, I posted a few times on another topic about any info about PoolWarehouse.com Well, I placed the order with them about 10 days ago and I have received all the paper work, dig sheets, etc. as well as the black skimmer faceplates and black return faceplates. We received the tracking number via Old Dominion truck lines about expected delivery of the wallaround Wed. So, I started the excavation this weekend. Hopefully these pictures show! I'll be taking a few pics to post along all steps of the build. It is an 18 x 36 lagoon vinyl sport bottom black granite liner. We plan on installing 4 deck jets, all 2" rigid individual lines. Rock waterfall in the future. Bare with me, this will take some time as I normally work around 10 hours a day and have 3 kids! So, here we go! Wish me luck![attachment=2:e5jfykod]Pool dig 1.jpeg[/attachment:e5jfykod][attachment=1:e5jfykod]Pool dig 2.jpeg[/attachment:e5jfykod][attachment=0:e5jfykod]Pool dig 3.jpeg[/attachment:e5jfykod]
    Attached Images Attached Images
    18x36 Lagoon vinyl IG DIY sport bottom 3.5-5-3.5 18K gal. Hayward Tri-Star 1 1/2 HP 2 Speed, Hayward 27" 350lb. sand filter, Hayward Aquarite w/ T-15, 1 skimmer, 2 returns, 2 step jets, 4 deck jets, 1 waterfall, TF-100

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: Here we go!! DIY IG started SE Ohio

We had a 10' high by 60' long pile of dirt when we were done so I made my 5 year old an oversized tabletop to ride on![attachment=0:3enqpsm7]Pool dig 4.jpeg[/attachment:3enqpsm7]
    18x36 Lagoon vinyl IG DIY sport bottom 3.5-5-3.5 18K gal. Hayward Tri-Star 1 1/2 HP 2 Speed, Hayward 27" 350lb. sand filter, Hayward Aquarite w/ T-15, 1 skimmer, 2 returns, 2 step jets, 4 deck jets, 1 waterfall, TF-100

3. Back To Top    #3

Good luck with your pool build. I've heard y'all have had a lot of rain lately. Hopefully things will get back to normal so it doesn't impact the construction schedule.
    Gold Supporter, TFP Lifetime Supporter, 26,680 gal Plaster IGP 3.5 - 10' depth / Attached Waterfall Spa, Manually Chlorinated, Triton Sand Filter, 1.5 HP * 1.1 SF = 1.65 SFHP 1-speed Pentair WhisperFlo WF-26 Pump, 400K BTU NG Teledyne Laars Series One Heater, Polaris 360, Test Kit Comparison, Chlorine/CYA Chart, SLAMing Your Pool, OCLT
    A good test kit is an investment, not an expense.

4. Back To Top    #4

Good Luck with your build. Love that you included photos of your daughter on her 4wheeler enjoying the dirt! My kids would have loved that at her age. I will be following your build closely. We start excavation on our DIY IG tomorrow.
    Springfield, Missouri
    DIY 18 x 36 vinyl IG, 3' 10"- 8' depth. Hayward Max Flo 1 1/2 HP VS pump, Ranger 30" sand filter, 2 skimmers, 2 main drains, 3 returns, 1 dedicated suction line, 2 colorlogic lights, and 3 Jandy deck jets, Dolphin Deluxe 5, Gulfstream HE125 heatpump

5. Back To Top    #5

My boys would love that! Though neither one have ever been 4 wheeling. I think your black liner is going to look sharp. We are doing a tan one, which I hope turns out OK.
    36K gal (40 X 20), IG vinyl w/AC, Hayward single speed Super Pump 1hp, Hayward C1200 Star-Clear Plus 120 sq ft cartridge filter, Hayward AquaPlus SWG
    TF-100 Test Kit, Dolphin Supreme robot
    Cleveland, OH

6. Back To Top    #6

Thanks everyone! I'll be following your builds as well. Great community family forum these moderators have put together!

7. Back To Top    #7

Nice excavation. I started mine this weekend too using a Kubota 121, but I stockpiled everything along the edge with the plan of building up a berm along the side of the yard. I intend to move the material around because I have plenty of land but my soil is all dry medium to coarse sand and gravel so I wasn't able to get a skidsteer on the pile. I was rushing to get the digging done while I still had the borrowed excavator so I periodically pulled myself on the stockpile to move the material further away and in the process managed to fill the tracks with enough material to walk out of them. Three times. I'm pretty good at getting them back on now, but I'm running out of grease!
    DIY 28x38x18 Full L, 26,000 gallons, Pentair VS Pump, SWG, CCP 420 Filter, Sta-Rite Max-E-Therm SR400HD Heater, EasyTouch Controller

8. Back To Top    #8

Look good. I'll be watching closely. We are both starting at the same time. Wanna race? [FACE WITH STUCK-OUT TONGUE AND WINKING EYE]
    I think yours will be a little more complex though. Mines a basic rectangle.
    DIY 18x36 vinyl IG, T-15 SWG, Hayward sand filter, Hayward super pump, Cozy Cove, Aquabot Rapids 4Wd. Solar Cover.

9. Back To Top    #9

Hahaha! I was thinking the exact same thing! Unfortunately, with 3 kids all in sports and work, I have a feeling this will be slow! I'm keeping an eye on yours as well!

10. Back To Top    #10

Three kids here as well. We are between sports right now. Hockey will be starting for them soon though. I think my boys are having more fun just playing in the dirt right now. [attachment=0:1suj1q8d]ImageUploadedByTapatalk1375143883.270403.jpg[/attachment:1suj1q8d]
    My daughter stuck her head out the back door a couple times today. (Teenager)...
    DIY 18x36 vinyl IG, T-15 SWG, Hayward sand filter, Hayward super pump, Cozy Cove, Aquabot Rapids 4Wd. Solar Cover.

11. Back To Top    #11

Hey diyindux, where are located? Looks like we have several DIY builds at the same time!

12. Back To Top    #12

Good looking boys you have there! We have a 5 year old boy, a 15 year old girl, and a 14 year old boy. Busy times! My 5 year old boy loves being at home and also loves the water, so I figured why not bring the water to him!

13. Back To Top    #13

Quote Originally Posted by gmmastertech1
    Hey diyindux, where are located? Looks like we have several DIY builds at the same time!
    I'm in southeastern Massachusetts. Hopefully I'll make it through this project. My goal is to get some water in this thing before I have to close it up. My kids are 8 and 9, and they have been "helping" as well. My 9 year old got the hang of operating the excavator almost immediately, except that he tends to move the material around without really getting it out of the hole. We'll see of he sticks around for mixing the pool base!
    DIY 28x38x18 Full L, 26,000 gallons, Pentair VS Pump, SWG, CCP 420 Filter, Sta-Rite Max-E-Therm SR400HD Heater, EasyTouch Controller

14. Back To Top    #14

We also went with a black granite liner and we love it... Good luck in your build!
    18k: IG: Black Granite Liner: Aspen: 16x33.5: SWG: Polaris 280

My pool build new-pool-build-in-nh-t60957.html

15. Back To Top    #15

Doobs, thanks! Your build is the reason we went with a black liner. I showed it to my wife a few weeks back and she said "wow!" Very nice pool you have there!

16. Back To Top    #16

The kit has been delivered! I just left work for a few to unload the truck. Everything seems to be in order, but I will check more thoroughly when I get home. 4 skids. 1 skid weighed 2500lbs!!! It was all the skid steer wanted! I'll update with some pics later.

17. Back To Top    #17

[attachment=2:2su320a9]Pool build 1.jpeg[/attachment:2su320a9][attachment=1:2su320a9]Pool build 2.jpeg[/attachment:2su320a9][attachment=0:2su320a9]Pool build 3.jpeg[/attachment:2su320a9]

18. Back To Top    #18

Behind the pool stairs, I am also finishing a large retaining wall on both sides where we excavated out a walk out basement in the house we bought and remodeled. It had an unfinished basement, so I converted it to a downstairs with full French door walkout.[attachment=0:n6v6h5jj]Retaining build.jpeg[/attachment:n6v6h5jj]

19. Back To Top    #19

Walls are up! It's going to take some time to get these babies leveled! Kinda thought there might be one straight panel. Not![attachment=1:2rdxn8yh]Pool build 4.jpeg[/attachment:2rdxn8yh][attachment=0:2rdxn8yh]Pool build 5.jpeg[/attachment:2rdxn8yh]

20. Back To Top    #20

Looks great. Not one straight wall to square up! I'm guessing you just level and plumb each wall making sure the gap is tight between the panels. Of course I'm sure you've got some measurements to pull across the pool. You will be surprised how sturdy everything is once you drive the bracing stakes.
    I really like the full width steps.

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast