I hope this is the right section to ask this. I have went rounds and rounds with phosphates this year. Everytime I about get a handle on them, they shoot through the roof. The local pool company here says our city water has 1200ppm of phospates and the summer rainwater has around 1000ppm.
If its not the algae that takes over the pool, its the cloudiness of having to put in phosphate treatment. Also I have a terrible time getting chlorine to register. Since the rain has been spotty for the last month I have been adding water to the pool. Now I know that it is a double edged sword.
Any help with phosphates? I don't know if I actually understand them completely. I have been using a capful of Phosfree stuff to the skimmer every week. Tested for phosphates today and the vial looked like blue kool-aid. Any help appreciated, as I am truly at wits end