Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: TFP is AWESOME!!

1. Back To Top    #1

TFP is AWESOME!!

Hi everybody! After having a small above ground pool for a few years, my husband and I installed a 20 X 40 inground pool last year. I learned the hard way with our above ground that pool chemicals cost A LOT! After installing our inground pool, I was fortunate enough to stumble across this website/forum. (Thank you Google! ) I can honestly say the BBB method is FANTASTIC! It works like a charm and much, much less expensive than all the stuff they try to sell you at the pool store.

I've been reading the threads on here for a while and I have learned so much! I'm looking forward to reading more and expanding my knowledge base. Keep the questions and responses going! You guys are great! Happy "Pool Schooling"!
    Austin TX
    IG, HT, 15X35, mini pebble finish, chlorine w/ozonator, VS pump, need a robot

2. Back To Top    #2
    Silver Spring, MD

Re: TFP is AWESOME!!

Welcome to TFP!
    19K gal, vinyl, 1/2 HP WhisperFlo pump, 200 sqft cartridge filter, AutoPilot Digital SWG, Dolphin Dynamic cleaning robot
    Creator of PoolMath and Pool Calculator. Other handy links: Support this site, TF Test Kits, Pool School

3. Back To Top    #3
    Tucson, AZ

Welcome to TFP!
    Jason, TFP Moderator
    18k IG pebblesheen pool, Hayward ProLogic P4 w/ T-15 SWG, Pentair 1HP 2-speed Superflo, Hayward 6020 DE filter
    500 sqft Heliocol solar panels, ThePoolCleaner, TF-100 test kit w/ SpeedStir
    Pool School + Test Kit + PoolMath = A TROUBLE FREE POOL
    If you found TFP helpful and we saved you money ... Become a TFP Supporter!

4. Back To Top    #4
    Elverson Pa.

Welcome to TFP !!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk.
    24'x54" AG Morada RTR (by wilbar) 13'500 gal. Hayward Powerflo Matrix 1hp 2 speed. Hayward Perflex EC65 DE filter.

5. Back To Top    #5
    San Dimas, CA (LA County)

And thank you for reading ahead for your answers. It saves everyone a lot of typing.
    16K freeform gunite with spa; Pentair 4000 DE filter; Century Whisperflow 1 HP; Pentair Minimax heater.
    Troublefree does not mean Maintenancefree. It's like brushing your teeth: You can spend a couple minutes a day and pennies a week or go to the dentist once a year and spend several thousand dollars.
    A pool is like a pet - you have to feed it every day, even the days you don't want to play with it!

6. Back To Top    #6
    DFW, Texas

Welcome to the forum!
    Gold Supporter, TFP Lifetime Supporter, 26,680 gal Plaster IGP 3.5 - 10' depth / Attached Waterfall Spa, Manually Chlorinated, Triton Sand Filter, 1.5 HP * 1.1 SF = 1.65 SFHP 1-speed Pentair WhisperFlo WF-26 Pump, 400K BTU NG Teledyne Laars Series One Heater, Polaris 360, Test Kit Comparison, Chlorine/CYA Chart, SLAMing Your Pool, OCLT
    A good test kit is an investment, not an expense.