Any TFP folks in Niagara Falls / Lewiston NY area?

UnderWaterVanya

TFP Expert
LifeTime Supporter
Jun 14, 2012
Mint Hill, NC
Pool Size
Surface
Vinyl
Chlorine
Salt Water Generator
SWG Type
CircuPool Edge-40
I'm on vacation up here and staying as a houseguest with friends with an above ground pool that needs a little help. But I don't have a kit with me! Need to get a good set of measurements - anyone available to help? Leaving soon - maybe one more day.

- Sent using Tapatalk

No longer needed. I had to resort to an HTH 6-way at Wally World.

CL (OTO): 0.5
TA: 0
pH: < low
Hardness: not measured
CYA: 95? (Cloudy overcast day)
Temp: 75
Minor signs of algae on liner.
The owner wasn't ready for trouble free - she just had the thing dumped in her lap unexpectedly and is not sure she's keeping it.

I got her several gallons of 10% HTH liquid chlorine and we tried without the proper tools to SLAM but in the end we really just performed a variation on the normal weekly shocking pool store model. My hope being that she can get through the 4 weeks remaining in her season and close for the winter without much fuss the drain more next year and join the TFP ranks.

- Sent using Tapatalk

When I left:

Cl: > 5 < 25
TA: 80
pH: ( measured at cl=5) 7.2-7.5

How? 2 gallons 10% and 96 oz of 6% over 12 hours.
One box baking soda (4.1 lbs) one box washing soda ( can't recall the size now)

- Sent using Tapatalk

To be clear:

This is not my recommended model. Just wanted to share what happened. Pool was in serious trouble : low pH, no cl, no TA. Water looked fine other than the slight algae. Next year I hope to convert her after winter drain etc.

- Sent using Tapatalk

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.