Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Crack found in new FB pool!

1. Back To Top    #1

Crack found in new FB pool!

So I was vacuuming pool for the first time a few minutes ago and notice a crack on side of pool. First I thought maybe it was scratch but after diving in it I verified it's a pretty significant crack!!!
    I immediately sent picture to PB and he was very surprised also and freaked out, since he was out here the day before and didn't see anything either. He will have Leisure rep come out to see the crack and determine if it can be repaired (hopefully?) or if pool needs to be replaced (hope not?). I have taken lots of pictures and will wait till tomorrow to see what they say but I am certainly not happy about this at all, since pool was just installed and haven't really even used it since decking and backyard is not complete yet. Thoughts, advice?
    34x15, 17K Fiberglass In-Ground Leisure Morroccan SWG, 1 1/2HP 2 speed SuperfFlo pump, Pentair Intellichlor SWG, Pentair Clean & Clear 320 cartridge filter, Pentair EasyTouch 8 panel, 4 returns, 1 skimmer, Installed August 2013, Fiberstar 3-color LEDs, AquaBot AWD robot cleaner, Pentair Easy Touch 8 Wireless remote.

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: Crack found in new FB pool!

Patience and best of luck. How far from the top is it on the side?
    16x32x52" Steel Cornelius Miramar AGP Vinyl liner 13,100 gal. Buried 2 ft.
    2 Speed Hayward Power-Flo Matrix 85 g.p.m. 22" 250lb. sand filter hard plumbed
    Pool Rover Jr., Pool Blaster Max, Diver Dave TF100 Test Kit/Speed Stir
    Margaritaville Frozen Concoction Maker, Liqour Chiller, & Drink Mixer & Party Tub----Collect 'um all!

3. Back To Top    #3

It's on the deep end next to the wall. It's kinda hard to see on this picture, its where the arrow ends
    34x15, 17K Fiberglass In-Ground Leisure Morroccan SWG, 1 1/2HP 2 speed SuperfFlo pump, Pentair Intellichlor SWG, Pentair Clean & Clear 320 cartridge filter, Pentair EasyTouch 8 panel, 4 returns, 1 skimmer, Installed August 2013, Fiberstar 3-color LEDs, AquaBot AWD robot cleaner, Pentair Easy Touch 8 Wireless remote.

4. Back To Top    #4

uh oh
    8,000 gallon, in ground, fiberglass pool with a cartridge filter.

5. Back To Top    #5

Sorry to hear this, is it leaking water??? I can not imagine how they can fix that and it look New.

Best of Luck, hopefully it is not as bad as it looks.
    24X44 IG Vinyl Custom Shaped Pool, Starite S7M400 Cartridge Filter, Starite Sumpermax VS Pump, built July 2015, TF-100 Test Kit, Pentair Intellichlor IC40 SWG, NG Starite SR400 Heater, Easytouch with Screen Logic, Magicstream Laminars, Bullfrog A7 Spa

6. Back To Top    #6

Just in case, do you mean FG - as in Fiberglass pool ? If not, what is a FB pool ?
    14,750 GAL IG Fiberglass (16 x 33) NE Ohio || Jandy 1HP 2 speed Pump || Waterco MultiCyclone 16 Centrifugal pre-filter (removed due to not working with sand filter) || 30" 575 Lb. Sand Filter || AquaCal 140K BTU Heat Pump || Solar Cover || Inter-fab Adrenaline Slide || GLI Monsoon Solar Cover Reel || K-2006C Test Kit || BBB with Liquid Chlorine Stenner Injection || Rayner Mighty Mesh Winter Cover

7. Back To Top    #7

I looked at it closer with goggles and seems to be the surface gel coat only, as I didn't see any fiberglass threads in the cut. I don't think it's leaking water, but I put a tape mark on it and will check in the morning to see. PB will bring manufacturer out tomorrow to look at it, hopefully he said it's something that can be repaired, after they empty the pool and they will cover water cost. I guess if manufacturer says it's not big issue and can be repaired without affecting the warranty (and puts it in writing also) then I should be ok. Will see how it goes tomorrow.

8. Back To Top    #8

PB came today and took underwater pictures of the crack. He mentioned look like it's only the gel coat and not structural. He is meeting with the FB production manager tomorrow to review and verify. Asked him to get in writing from them that this crack won't affect warranty. He mentioned they have a kit to fix the crack and it doesn't even require to empty the pool. Will post update tomorrow. In the meantime work continued on building the garage and outdoor kitchen area. Will post pictures on my construction post in a while.

9. Back To Top    #9

So FB manufacturer saw the pictures and it will actually require to empty the pool and fix the crack (I thought fixing the crack without emptying the pool sounded a bit weird). It should happen over next couple of days, will post updates/pics when it happens.

10. Back To Top    #10

What does "FB" stand for?

11. Back To Top    #11

Based in context, must be fiberglass ... although FG, would make more sense
    Jason, TFP Moderator
    18k IG pebblesheen pool, Hayward ProLogic P4 w/ T-15 SWG, Pentair 1HP 2-speed Superflo, Hayward 6020 DE filter
    500 sqft Heliocol solar panels, ThePoolCleaner, TF-100 test kit w/ SpeedStir
    Pool School + Test Kit + PoolMath = A TROUBLE FREE POOL
    If you found TFP helpful and we saved you money ... Become a TFP Supporter!

12. Back To Top    #12

Fiberglass. Thought that's what the standard acronym is

13. Back To Top    #13

Hi. Just read your post. Sorry to hear about the crack. How did the repair go? Did Leisure provide written confirmation of the warranty despite the crack? Was it truly only in the gel coat? Finally, and most importantly, did they identify what caused the crack?
    10k gallon fiberglass freeform pool, Paramount SwingJet system, Dolphin DX5 robot, Pentair 48" Tagelus sand filter with glass media, WhisperFlo 1 HP pump, Hayward H200FDN natural gas heater, TF-100 Test Kit, and, of course, Margaritaville Tahiti blender!

14. Back To Top    #14

Repair has not started yet. They will come Thursday to empty the pool and then Friday to repair the crack. I will post updates and pictures

15. Back To Top    #15

I've heard Leisure totally did away with their surface gelcoat warranty. Anyone else heard that?
    I emailed them a week ago, but of course no reply. All the research I've been doing the past few years almost just makes we want to skip getting a pool. Seems like quality and customer service just isnt what it should be for the kind of money people are spending.
    Hydraulically mundane 20x40 rectangular polymer (~30K gal.), IntelliFlo VS+SVRS pump, IntelliChlor IC40 SWCG, Pentair CCP520 cartridge filter, LED light, 2xDeck Jets, SR Smith Turbo Twister slide

16. Back To Top    #16

I haven't heard that about gel coat. I know owner is actually coming out to fix the crack and I requested and Leisure will provide a letter stating fixing this crack will not void the warranty on the pool and they stand behind it. Will let you know once they fix it and I have everything in writing as promised. I have to admit so far they have responded very well to this issue.

17. Back To Top    #17

...as long as more cracks don't appear.....

18. Back To Top    #18

so pool is now empty and got a big bulge in the middle from all the water that leaked from the crack. As such they will have to break concrete and dig on left side of the pool so they can drain water and repair hole from outside.

19. Back To Top    #19

Mmmm, I thought you/they said the crack was surface.

Or did the BULGE issue cause the surface crack...I don't think a leak would cause a bulge in a FG pool.

Something does not smell right! SORRY!
    14,750 GAL IG Fiberglass (16 x 33) NE Ohio || Jandy 1HP 2 speed Pump || Waterco MultiCyclone 16 Centrifugal pre-filter (removed due to not working with sand filter) || 30" 575 Lb. Sand Filter || AquaCal 140K BTU Heat Pump || Solar Cover || Inter-fab Adrenaline Slide || GLI Monsoon Solar Cover Reel || K-2006C Test Kit || BBB with Liquid Chlorine Stenner Injection || Rayner Mighty Mesh Winter Cover

20. Back To Top    #20

Let me clarify. So crack appeared to be surface but after doing the dye test and marking the pool level it was leak. After emptying the pool last night I noticed the bulge due to all the water that had leaked underneath it. There was no bulge before pool was emptied.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast