Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: For those who pray...

1. Back To Top    #1
    Evans, GA

For those who pray...

please keep all of those who are enduring all that crazy weather in the mid-west, that have lost their homes and family members due to all of that rain, flooding, and tornados. Please keep them in your thoughts and prayers. Those poor boy scouts, My 2 older sons are devout cub scouts and look forward to becoming boy scouts one day. I can't believe all the craziness with the weather. Even here in GA, the past 2 weeks have been unseasonably HOT. Temps at 100! Makes you wonder what's going on.
    *~ Laura ~*
    27x52 Aquasphere Conquest AGP (approx.17,100 gal)
    1 HP Pentair Dynamo Pump & SD-40 Sand Filter
    TF-100 Test Kit
    BBB User- Salt Added

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: For those who pray...

Quote Originally Posted by lulupalooza
    Makes you wonder what's going on.
    It's called weather and it's been going on for a long time! The Midwest is known for tornados (It was even a central theme in the "Wizard of Oz") and temperatures of 100 degress in June is NOT uncommon in many parts of the country that are inland. I can remember temps like that in New Jersey when I was a kid.

3. Back To Top    #3

Alamo, CA

Common or not, the weather has brought a great many people some unexpected misery and tragedy. My heart and prayers go out to those who have been so terribly affected by the storms.

My pool: 14,750 gallons in-ground plaster
    FAFCO Solar panels (seven 4' x 12') with a Goldline automatic controller
    1/2 HP WhisperFlo filter pump, Kreepy Krauly cleaner, Cartridge Filter
    Aquarite SWG, Satisfied user of the TF-100 Test Kit

4. Back To Top    #4
    SWSuburban Chicago, IL

There have already been twice the average number of tornadoes this year, and that was said 2 weeks ago before this latest round of storms. It's definetly been an above average year, and the season is not over yet....
    Helpful links: Pool School; CYA/Chlorine Chart
    24' round AG pool, 52" high, Raypak heater; Waterway 2 spd Pump;
    150 Sq ft. Clearwater Cartridge Filter; Former and DISSATISFIED "Pool Frog" owner

5. Back To Top    #5

Well, the midwest had the snow melt and runoff to deal with. Not only were the 'agricultural ditches' (or cricks as we call them) swollen from that, then the rains cames, and came again. Now everything is flooding. The water can't seep into ground that is already saturated.

My family lives in southern Wisconsin and northern Illinois. The OLD farmers say that the rivers need to flood to a few times in a lifetime for the health of the soil. I remember 10 years or so ago when the Mississippi flooded. That was bad, too. However, a lot of farmers had higher yields for several years after that. Probably coincidence and good weather. However, it adds to the folk lore.

I say, pipe that stuff down here to North Carolina and Atlanta where it's needed.
    36 x 18 IG vinyl, 25K, 1 HP pump, sand filter
    1 skimmer, 2 returns, no main drain
    Old school: PoolSolutions test kit