URGENT pool filter leaking

Bama Rambler said:
Do a parts search for the model you have and find the gearset. that should get you what you need.
I apologize for asking so many obvious things, but I couldn't find the model number anywhere written on these parts. My pool was made by Shasta pools in AZ.

I went to a pool store with the lid, please see pic 14 from my previous posts... he observed that this lid should have some plastic in the center to hold the shaft... is this correct ? can that be causing this tooo....

Do i need to buy just the gear or the entire assembly ?

I am attaching one more picture, I draw a marker on the pic, can you please check what this plastic cover kind of thing is? is it expected on the shaft or under the center of closing lid ?

Attachments

• photo (15).jpg
    photo (15).jpg
    194.3 KB · Views: 36
It looks like just a piece of tygon tubing. I don't see it in any of the rebuild or retrofit kits. It looks like somebody added it to keep the impeller pressed down. I'd probably order the rebuild kit and replace everything that it comes with. Before you do that, you may want to pull the gear set out and make sure the balls don't need replacing. If they do you need the retrofit kit.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Bama Rambler said:
It looks like just a piece of tygon tubing. I don't see it in any of the rebuild or retrofit kits. It looks like somebody added it to keep the impeller pressed down. I'd probably order the rebuild kit and replace everything that it comes with. Before you do that, you may want to pull the gear set out and make sure the balls don't need replacing. If they do you need the retrofit kit.

Thanks, really appreciate it, the new closing lid has some plastic thing in the center that holds the shaft, that plastic part seems to be missing from my lid... i checked from a video in the link below, I don't know how important that thing is...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QJldO3rJDfo

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.