New member asking for very basic advice

Yes this will be one of those threads that the veterans of this board will roll their eyes at. Here's my situation. Had a new above ground pool installed (21' diameter, 54" high). The installers did the work when I wasn't there. Had the pool filled (then drained and refilled but that's another story). From this point on I can't find instructions as to what happens now. The water level is kind of high due to rain (not completely covering the skimmer but close) and I want to get the start up chemicals in the pool. I hired a guy to get it started for me (I work a lot of 12 hour days) and he doesn't work weekends so I'd like to do this without him. I've read a lot on line and on instructions but I keep hearing 2 different things. Some say the pool needs shocked first, some say the water needs balanced first. I can't find a step by step guide anywhere as to what to do to get started. I'm sure this has been asked before so if it exists here, you can point me to the thread. I did test the water today and got the following:
Free Chlorine- 0 (obviously)
pH- 8.4
TA- 80
TH- 200
CYA-0
Thanks in advance!

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.