I am very new to this forum and really liking this! Currently working on clearing up a green pool, hope you can help:
1. Pool was a swamp (not even green, it was brown when I started!)
2. Vinyl pool, 18,000 gallons, above ground, sand filter, brand new pump
3. Added lots of tablets, liquid chlorine, granular shock (after mixing in water), algaecide, water clearer, SUPERCHLORINATOR 56 etc.
4. Leaf mastered it, extracted lots of stuff from bottom
5. Have been running the pump continuously for 3 weeks
6. Water cleared up somewhat (better when I had started), but the pool is still green, can't see the bottom
7. Here are the latest numbers :FC - 5, TC - 5, Cal Hard. - 150, Cya Acid - 60, Total Alk - 90, Ph - 7.8, Copper - 0, Iron -- 0
1. What do I need to do to clear up the pool?
2. Is it safe to run the pump continuously (I stop them for couple of hours every 2-3 days so that it does not burn)
Thanks and really appreciate your kind help.........