humidity and evaporation

Apr 25, 2010
south georgia
we are having some very high humidity and temps this year and it seems like i'm seeing a greater water loss this year than last year. dont have a leak that i can find yet i'm losing about 1/4 to 1/2'' a day. temps are running in the 90's and humidities are 70-90 % each day. i live in south georgia and wondering what others are seeing in the hotter climates?

no. i've never used a cover except in the off season. might need to look into that for sure! but i havent had to keep putting in this much water. it rains almost everyday in the evenings and has been alot more cloudy this year than last.

there is a area near the ladder off the deck that has a little bit of water standing but this area of the pool stays in the shade near the trees and the sun never hits it so i'm thinking its from splashout and not a leak and water lingers longer.

Here's an example of what a cover will do for evaporation loss.

We've been having unusually cool weather here. Last night got down to 54F. Stayed below 60 for about 5 hours.

Pool temp when I covered it last night was 86F. Pool only dropped to 80 before I started the heater at 7:30 this morning. Still have the cover on, and first load of wood brought the pool back to 83F.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.