Decent place to buy liquid chlorine on Long Island NY

hank59

Silver Supporter
May 24, 2013
Found a good place for liquid chlorine if you live in Nassau or western Suffolk. Twin County Pools located in Farmingdale (they have a website). They have a lot of commercial and residential accounts so they have a large turn over and get deliveries of fresh chlorine everyday. They sell it as 12.5% but the guy tells me it's probably more like 15% since it's coming directly from the manufacturer. A 5 gallon carboy costs $20.35 with tax or 3.75 per gal. plus tax. You need to buy a carboy (a one time expense). They sold me a used one in great shape for $12. It's not as cheap as some of the prices I've seen on this forum, but I've been looking around for a while now and this is the best deal I've found for this area.

I was buying it at BJs at the beginning of the season too, but they ran out a while ago. Tough to say how fresh the stuff was also, at least here there's no question.

edit: our carboy is 2.5 gallons whereas yours is 5, no real price difference there.

I miss Long Island sometimes, but not at times like this! I've found Ollie's had it last year, and again this year for $2.99 per gallon. I use it exclusively, and the results indicate that it's still 12.5%- The Pool Calculator has been spot on. There are some Ollie's up that way, call & see if they carry it. http://www.olliesbargainoutlet.com/

Thanks, checked out your link, unfortunately the closest one is upstate 70 miles away. We don't have any stores like Ollies, Menards or Pinch a Penny here. Guess everything in NY is just more expensive

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.