Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Decent place to buy liquid chlorine on Long Island NY

1. Back To Top    #1

Decent place to buy liquid chlorine on Long Island NY

Found a good place for liquid chlorine if you live in Nassau or western Suffolk. Twin County Pools located in Farmingdale (they have a website). They have a lot of commercial and residential accounts so they have a large turn over and get deliveries of fresh chlorine everyday. They sell it as 12.5% but the guy tells me it's probably more like 15% since it's coming directly from the manufacturer. A 5 gallon carboy costs $20.35 with tax or 3.75 per gal. plus tax. You need to buy a carboy (a one time expense). They sold me a used one in great shape for $12. It's not as cheap as some of the prices I've seen on this forum, but I've been looking around for a while now and this is the best deal I've found for this area.
    18'rd vinyl AG 8000ga
    1hp Hayward Powerflo Matrix
    Hayward 90sq ft EC900 Cartridge Filter

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: Decent place to buy liquid chlorine on Long Island NY

Thanks. I have been looking for a bulk source on LI. In the past, I have been purchased 4 gallon cases of 12.5% at BJ's but they did not carry it very long this season. Last year, they had it in stock almost the entire pool season.
    Free-form concrete walls with vinyl liner, 18,000 gallon capacity, Jandy 1.5HP e-Pump, Jandy DEV48 DE filter (using cellulose media), Jandy AE2500 heat pump, Jandy Aqualink Power Center with 14-blade cell kit and Jandy PDA-P8 wireless control system.

3. Back To Top    #3

I was buying it at BJs at the beginning of the season too, but they ran out a while ago. Tough to say how fresh the stuff was also, at least here there's no question.
    18'rd vinyl AG 8000ga

4. Back To Top    #4

edit: our carboy is 2.5 gallons whereas yours is 5, no real price difference there.

I miss Long Island sometimes, but not at times like this! I've found Ollie's had it last year, and again this year for $2.99 per gallon. I use it exclusively, and the results indicate that it's still 12.5%- The Pool Calculator has been spot on. There are some Ollie's up that way, call & see if they carry it. http://www.olliesbargainoutlet.com/
    Intex Ultra Frame 18' X 48" 7600 +/- gallons
    Columbia 50 LB sand filter/ HP pump, $$ WELL spent(2nd best thing bought for the pool)
    Virginia Beach, VA
    TF100 test kit- Money WELL spent (best thing I've ever bought for the pool)
    Leisure bay hot tub

5. Back To Top    #5

Thanks, checked out your link, unfortunately the closest one is upstate 70 miles away. We don't have any stores like Ollies, Menards or Pinch a Penny here. Guess everything in NY is just more expensive
    18'rd vinyl AG 8000ga

6. Back To Top    #6

Maybe the Ocean State Job Lot store in North Babylon, NY is close enough. (http://oceanstatejoblot.com/locate/) One gallon jugs of 12.5 liquid chlorine is selling for $2.99 here in CT. I just bought 12 jugs today with a date lot code of July 17th on them.
    30,000 gal, 20 x 40 ft vinyl, IG, installed 2006
    1 HP WhisperFlo pump, 60 sqft Pentair Quad D.E., Liquidator(8 gallon) with 3/8 upgrade,TigerShark cleaning robot
    TFTestkits TF-100 with SpeedStir,WS
    A proud practitioner of TFP since 2013

7. Back To Top    #7

Thanks, that's not too far at all. I looked at their weekly flyer online, just like you said $2.99 a gallon. I'll check it out
    18'rd vinyl AG 8000ga