Starting to clean a green pool with algae

Ok friends, I think my "swamp" is really progressing. I have a beautiful blue color, (not milky or light green at all) although NOT CLEAR). I want to thank everyone for advice/encouragment to not give up. With this color, what should my next step be? Take sample daily/twice daily etc or just wait? Also, any estimate before I may have "clear" water? Thanks guys!!

It's a bit more than just filtering.

from Pool School...

Run your pump 24/7
Brush the entire pool once a day
Backwash or clean the filter as needed
Vacuum up debris as needed
DO NOT let your FC slip too low....keep it high to prevent reoccurence

OK... Dave is right, its a little more than just filtering and waiting... but patience is the hardest part.

When you are getting to blue, clear is coming. If you have any debris, suck it out to waste if possible. You will be able to see any junk on the floor that was hiding. If you have any lights or things in the pool, now is the time to clean them.

NO, if you can vacuum, do so. The more junk you vacuum out, the better. You might even try turn off the pump for an hour then try vacuuming slowly (to waste if your fill water is clean and cheap) if you see you white/grey or brown debris on the floor.

Jeetyet said:
Inquiry. What strength is your bleach? What specs are you inputting into the pool calculator in order to arrive at the conclusion to add 10 gallons of bleach at a time? Given your stated pool volume of 13,500 gallons the calculator tells me that 10 gallons of 6% bleach will raise your FC by 46, 8.25% bumps it to over 60, yet you state you're aiming for and maintaining a SLAM level of ~14. Something isn't quite adding up. What am I missing here?
Did i miss the answer to this?

Sent via Tapatalk...

Jeetyet said:
Inquiry. What strength is your bleach? What specs are you inputting into the pool calculator in order to arrive at the conclusion to add 10 gallons of bleach at a time? Given your stated pool volume of 13,500 gallons the calculator tells me that 10 gallons of 6% bleach will raise your FC by 46, 8.25% bumps it to over 60, yet you state you're aiming for and maintaining a SLAM level of ~14. Something isn't quite adding up. What am I missing here?
Good point Jeetyet, I get about that too...KYLEMOORE1234, please post your current FC.

Ok thanks friends..after many helpful tips from u guys; my swamp is almost 100% done; it's a medium blue color which we have being swimming in..My cl & PH are good. My question is , if I add a pool clarifier, would that take out the rest of the cloudiness and become clear? I've been backwashing as needed Thanks!

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
You need to post test results instead of saying your test results are good. Clarifiers are usually not needed.

Take if from one who has been through your process....you are getting close!!!!! Once you get it clear, it will be easier to maintain. I love this method. And everyone who has swam in my pool this year has commented on how nice and crystal clear my water is. If you have a chance look at my transformation pics. Maybe they will help you see that you are in the right place. Welcome to TFP!!!!! :goodjob:

When reporting test results always include a current CYA level as well. We can't tell if the FC is high enough without the CYA level. I have not read back through your thread to see if you passed the OCLT or not, but there are 3 criteria to indicate the SLAM process is complete. You must meet all 3 criteria before dropping the FC below SLAM level. You must pass the OCLT, Your CC must be .5 or less, and your water should be clear, as in you can see the bottom of the deepest part of the pool.

It sounds like you are making good progress but are not done yet.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.