Confer 7100 A-frame ladder and 16' intex ultra frame

nate81

May 20, 2013
Raleigh, NC
So, i had an issue with the confer 7200 rollaway ladder coming apart...now i have a confer 7100 setup on my intex ultra frame.

I have the ladder as low as possible and filled all the legs and center pieces with water....but the thing just seems unstable. The ladder seems to rock and sway just a bit too much....am i expecting too much for a rock solid ladder? Should it be close to an aluminum A-frame ladder setup on solid level concrete? No sway at all?

I basically have half in the pool (duh :)) and the other half outside on some 16x16 concrete pavers...the ladder is showing level on the platform, yet it just sways when you get on it and climb up!

Money is too tight this year to build a deck...anyone have any idea of what lumber would cost to build just a small, i dont know maybe 5x5, deck?

As you can see in the picture, I was able to make the crappy Intex ladder rock solid just by tying it tightly against the edge of the pool. I put some closed cell foam between the pool edge and the ladder to eliminate any chaffing and then tied it off to the nearest "T" on either side of the ladder. With one end of each rope tied under the first step, then around the "T" and ending up at the upper grab rail, it holds it steady both side to side and pulls downward at the same time. (I have small pieces of "noodle" material on the bottom legs to protect the liner.)

It may look a little "Redneck" to some. But it has made what I consider an unsafe, stock ladder, into something I feel more then confident enough for even the largest of adults to climb in and out of the pool. (I added a couple of deck boards for a platform also.)

I don't know if this is an option for the type of ladder that you are currently using but I would think you could find a way to make it work...

Attachments

• LadderResized.JPG
    LadderResized.JPG
    204.3 KB · Views: 166
nate81 said:
So basically just tie the ladder to the 'T' sections of the frame?

Basically... yes! :wink: But it needs to be tied tightly and it helps to have the rope tied 'high' and 'low' on both sides. (as shown in the picture)

I did a quick google search on the Confer 7100 and it states that it is for "rigid framed pools only" and that for maximum stability it needs to be attached to the pool top during installation. (But I see no reason why tying it to an Ultra frame wouldn't work sufficiently.) http://www.conferplastics.com/Confer-Model-7100.pdf

Don't forget to protect your liner on the bottom legs and where it will rest on the top edge of the frame.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.