Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: POOLVERGNUEGEN the poolcleaner review

1. Back To Top    #1

POOLVERGNUEGEN the poolcleaner review

after hanging out here for a while, reading 100s of reviews on various sites, I decided to buy the poolcleaner 2x. Unfortunately, the hoses weren't long enough for our pool (my bad, I measured incorrectly) so I ended up with the 4x model from poolsupply world for $389. I also had to purchase an extra five lengths of hose, adding another $90 to the cost so my investment is $479.

what drove me to choose the suction poolcleaner was:
    - great reviews here and on amazon
    - low maintenance time and cost
    - great support from an american-based company
    - my belief that electronic models are not going to last much longer than the warranty and then need a full replacement

it took about 5 minutes to assemble the hose and get the poolcleaner running. It's done a great job, climbs walls and steps and picked up algae after a light bloom. My sense is that all these cleaners do a nice job, the real test is four years from now when we're calculating total cost of ownership.
    37x20, 28,300 gallon gunite, irregularly shaped, hayward 1.5 super pump, hayward 4820 DE filter, northeast geo

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: POOLVERGNUEGEN the poolcleaner review

Thanks for reporting!
    11,200 gal, Pebble-Tec; Tristar 2-speed 1hp - Swimclear 325 ft2 cart - SWG - A & A in-floor cleaner - Heat pump. For the poolside cooking, a Yoder Wichita and a Big Steel Keg!
    TF Test Kits -- PoolMath -- Pool School
    Make each day your masterpiece. - John Wooden

3. Back To Top    #3

In the Industry

Should've posted earlier to thank you for your valuable input.
    Dave S.
    42k vinyl and concrete pool, 1.5hp pump, 140gpm filter
    TFTestkits , PoolMath , Pool School

4. Back To Top    #4

Quote Originally Posted by vinouspleasure
    after hanging out here for a while, reading 100s of reviews on various sites, I decided to buy the poolcleaner 2x. Unfortunately, the hoses weren't long enough for our pool (my bad, I measured incorrectly) so I ended up with the 4x model from poolsupply world for $389. I also had to purchase an extra five lengths of hose, adding another $90 to the cost so my investment is $479.

what drove me to choose the suction poolcleaner was:
    - great reviews here and on amazon
    - low maintenance time and cost
    - great support from an american-based company
    - my belief that electronic models are not going to last much longer than the warranty and then need a full replacement

it took about 5 minutes to assemble the hose and get the poolcleaner running. It's done a great job, climbs walls and steps and picked up algae after a light bloom. My sense is that all these cleaners do a nice job, the real test is four years from now when we're calculating total cost of ownership.
    Can you tell me how long each hose is? How long/wide is your pool? Thanks.
    24k gallon 16x38 IG shotcrete pool + 5x10 tanning shelf, Stonescapes Tropics Blue, Heat Siphon Z575HP Heat Pump (11.45 KW PV SunPower Solar), Pentair 3HP VS Pump 001018, Pentair SWG IC40, 2 Pentair IntelliBrite 5G 120v color LED pool lights, Pentair IntelliGlo 5G 12v color LED shallow water light w/300W transformer, Pentair DE FNS Plus 60sf filter, 24" rbb wall, 3.5-7' depth, TFT100 Test Kit, K1776 Salt Test kit, '07 Sundance Chelsee spa

5. Back To Top    #5

As shown in this link, the hoses are 1 meter in length (39.37"). Also, based on this manual, the 2-wheel model comes with 1 leader hose and 9 sections of hose so 10 meters while the 4-wheel model comes with 1 leader hose and 11 sections of hose so 12 meters. They indicate that "the connected hoses should be one to two length longer than the furthest point from the vacuum source (skimmer or wall fitting)."
    16,000 gallon outdoor in-ground 16'x32' plaster pool; Pentair Intelliflo VF pump; Pentair IntelliTouch i9+3s control system; Jandy CL-340 square foot cartridge filter
    12 Fafco solar panels; Purex Triton PowerMax 250 natural gas heater (200,000 BTU/hr output); automatic electric pool safety cover; 4-wheel pressure-side "The Pool Cleaner"