Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: TF100 test instructions error

1. Back To Top    #1

TF100 test instructions error

When doing the FC test my test card instructions says to multiply the number of drops by .05 which at 24 drops means my FC is 1.2. The Instructions in the sticky in this forum calls for multiplying by .5 which makes more sense, my FC is 12. Could confuse someone who is just using th eczrd and is unfamiliar with what the range of results for their pool is. With my high CYA And a FC of 1.2 I would be adding gallons of bleach!
    10000 Gal, IG Pebbletec, pop up cleaners,Hayward EcoStar VS, 425 sq ft Hayward Cartridge, waterfall feature

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: TF100 test instructions error

Really? Mine says to multiply by 0.5. I honestly wonder why the instructions don't say to divide by 2. That makes much more sense to my brain. when I was first testing I used my calculator to do the multiplication and when I saw the results I was like..."Oh, duh!"
    17,000 inground gunite pool finished June 2013. Pentair variable speed something or another. Polaris cleaner, inline rainbow chlorinator. Using trichlor until CYA reaches 50-60.

3. Back To Top    #3

Quote Originally Posted by Wildcat
    When doing the FC test my test card instructions says to multiply the number of drops by .05 which at 24 drops means my FC is 1.2. The Instructions in the sticky in this forum calls for multiplying by .5 which makes more sense, my FC is 12. Could confuse someone who is just using th eczrd and is unfamiliar with what the range of results for their pool is. With my high CYA And a FC of 1.2 I would be adding gallons of bleach!
    mine too says .05...The next line right after says .5, so I just double checked online and saw that it was indeed .5
    13500 Gal. Above Ground. Vinyl. Hayward E-100 Highrate Sand Filter with Hayward Power Flow LX pump. Installed 2006.

4. Back To Top    #4

Quote Originally Posted by Dmsattelberg
    Quote Originally Posted by Wildcat
    mine too says .05...The next line right after says .5, so I just double checked online and saw that it was indeed .5
    Ditto. I also prefer to just divide by 2.
    ~21k gal IG pebble diving pool (diving board replaced with rock waterfall)
    Pentair Cartridge Filter CCP520, 150 GPM flow rate
    Pentair Intelliflow Variable Sp. Pump Model 227T, 3HP
    Pentair IntelliChlor IC40 SWG
    Built 1975; Remodeled April/May 2013

5. Back To Top    #5

I should have been more clear, the first mention says .5 but the example shows .05
    10000 Gal, IG Pebbletec, pop up cleaners,Hayward EcoStar VS, 425 sq ft Hayward Cartridge, waterfall feature