Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Need help with amounts of BBB

1. Back To Top    #1

Need help with amounts of BBB

I am new to this and went to the pool school. I still don't know how much bleach, borax or baking soda i need to add to my pool. Its a 16x48 with 5,061 gallons of water. It would help tremendously to know how many cups to use, not ounces.. Thanks bunches!!
    16x48 AG---Cartridge Filter---5,061 Gallons

2. Back To Top    #2

Howell, NJ

Re: Need help with amounts of BBB

That depends are what your current test results are. Do you have a test kit?
    7 year old ~13,500 gal 24' AGP with 1.5 hp Proline pump, 150 sqft Pleatco cartridge, filled with well water with pH of about 4.5.
    Wanda the Whale pool vacuum, home made heater, Taylor K-2006
    Cloudy Pool? 1) Order test kit. 2) Follow SLAM
    New to TFPC? Read Pool School a few times, then post questions. PoolMath will help with chemical additions.

3. Back To Top    #3
    Elverson Pa.

Are you familiar with the ?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk.
    24'x54" AG Morada RTR (by wilbar) 13'500 gal. Hayward Powerflo Matrix 1hp 2 speed. Hayward Perflex EC65 DE filter.

4. Back To Top    #4

On the pool calculator (pwrstrk's link above), hover over the field where it shows the number of oz. to add. For example for FC, if it says to add 21 oz. of bleach, put your mouse pointer over the "21". Look at the white box directly above which has "Mouse over a field for detail" off to the right of it. This will tell you how many cups or jugs or other imperial volume measurement to use. You can do this same thing for the pH and TA and other values. Hover over the value, and then look at one of those white boxes on the page.
    Outdoor 14,000 gallon IG plaster pool built in 2000 with spillover spa, 2 hp WhisperFlo pump with MagneTek motor, Sta-Rite cartridge pool filter with 300 ft2 filtration area and 0.33 gpm/ft2 filtration rate, Aquabot Rapids 4WD robotic pool cleaner, Raypak digital gas heater, and Intermatic mechanical timer located in the Dallas-Fort Worth metroplex

5. Back To Top    #5
    San Dimas, CA (LA County)

You add as much as it takes to get to your target. Without test results, it is impossible to quantify it.
    16K freeform gunite with spa; Pentair 4000 DE filter; Century Whisperflow 1 HP; Pentair Minimax heater.
    Troublefree does not mean Maintenancefree. It's like brushing your teeth: You can spend a couple minutes a day and pennies a week or go to the dentist once a year and spend several thousand dollars.
    A pool is like a pet - you have to feed it every day, even the days you don't want to play with it!