Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Liner Install

1. Back To Top    #1

Liner Install

We are doing a DIY 18 x 36 pool. (Well, semi DIY.) We have a bid for the vermiculite bottom labor only for $800 and liner install for $500. Is this a good idea and price, or should we save the money and DIY it? We are good at construction and DIY projects, but we have never done a pool.
    Springfield, Missouri
    DIY 18 x 36 vinyl IG, 3' 10"- 8' depth. Hayward Max Flo 1 1/2 HP VS pump, Ranger 30" sand filter, 2 skimmers, 2 main drains, 3 returns, 1 dedicated suction line, 2 colorlogic lights, and 3 Jandy deck jets, Dolphin Deluxe 5, Gulfstream HE125 heatpump

2. Back To Top    #2

In the Industry

Re: Liner Install

I chose to have the vermiculite installed....I don't regret that.

Get PLENTY of help and the liner install is doable.....it'll take you longer than you think.
    Dave S.
    42k vinyl and concrete pool, 1.5hp pump, 140gpm filter
    TFTestkits , PoolMath , Pool School

3. Back To Top    #3

$800 is very good for vermiculite labor. $500 also seems reasonable for liner, but you could definitely do that yourself with the help of some friends.
    DIY 18x36 IG Vinyl Rectangle with 2 foot radius; Steel Walls. 8' steps w/t 2 step jets; 2 MD, 1 Skimmer, 2 returns; Hayward Pro Series 24 Inch 300# Sand Pool ; Hayward color logic 4.0 LED light; 2" PVC pipe 4 Jandy Valves, Hayward PL-P-4, SWCG

4. Back To Top    #4

duraleigh and ssgumby,

Thanks for your help. I think we are going to hire the vermiculite for sure. Still debating on the liner install.
    Thanks again for you help.
    Springfield, Missouri
    DIY 18 x 36 vinyl IG, 3' 10"- 8' depth. Hayward Max Flo 1 1/2 HP VS pump, Ranger 30" sand filter, 2 skimmers, 2 main drains, 3 returns, 1 dedicated suction line, 2 colorlogic lights, and 3 Jandy deck jets, Dolphin Deluxe 5, Gulfstream HE125 heatpump