Leaks leaks and more leaks

Jul 27, 2013
I have had the worst pool construction possible about 6 years ago. It is a 32x 16 inground vinyl liner with steel walls. It has 3 badu jets running off 2 4 hp pumps by speck pumps. The system works well but they have been leaking. This year I pulled the liner back and dismantled the out attachments only to find that the builder had attempted to seal poor connections with underwater epoxy. There were a number of poor pipe connections that were reachable. So my only option was to redo this epoxy job - they still leak. The return pipe also enters in this section of course all topped off by a diving rock and concrete with rebar. The return pipe was broken and not lining up and hence allowing a huge leak
I cut through the steel in an attempt to fix but this has not worked either. I am running the pool with daily 1-2 inch fills for another month for my kids. Then the plan is to get it fixed properly. I am thinking that this section of the steel could be cut out and these pipe connections all replaced and then back filled with something as you can imagine it is pretty hollow back there. Luckily we do not live in an area with any high ground water so the pool has stood many a times winter and summer without any water and no problems with pool shape.
Is this possible and if so are there any special issues I should be aware of. My pump house is about 40 feet from this side of the pool. My badu spa jet pipes are 6" diameter. Should I take this opportunity to replace these lines completely? The other return also has a whack load of epoxy and may be in similar shape on the other side of pool. Any help or suggestions would be helpful. I do plan on using one of the reputable pool companies as I have found you get what you pay for.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.