Lake Charles, Louisiana
Pool Size
Surface
Vinyl
Chlorine
Salt Water Generator
SWG Type
Hayward Aqua Rite (T-15)
First off hello to all! I'm a new pool IG owner from Lake Charles, LA. We used a pool company from Moss Bluff Louisiana "Cool Water Pools". They started digging July 1 and by July 4 we were putting water in our new pool. My wife and I purchased a True L shaped vinyl lined 44'x26' pool. We will be poring concrete probably around Aug. 5th. I was just curious as to any advise you guys could offer such as concrete add ons, like anchors for different tie downs, PVC umbrella holders or that sort of stuff. I'd even thought about mounting some type of IG flush mount ice chest very near pool side. However I'm sure time wouldn't be to friendly on that ice chest in a year or two. Just looking for some neat ideas before my cement is in place. Ill add more details on my pool in my sig. shortly. Thanks and I'm glad I've found TFP.

Welcome! :wave:

I don't have any goodies around my pool, so I'm no help there. But two practical things I can offer.
1)Don't skimp on patio drainage. My patio is surrounded by house and raised planters and the obvious thing is to hose off the patio. Except the first winter I discovered the drain pipe was small and clogged with silt and had to be rootered.
2)Electrical outlets.

duraleigh said:
We will be poring concrete probably around Aug. 5th.
What was used for backfill around your pool?

So far just dirt from pool hole. I bought some soaker hoses and placed around the pool and the dirt dropped about a foot or so. The pool company came back out Wednesday and backfilled again. My plans are to run the soakers some more. I'll assume once the finishers get here that they'll bring in some sand.

This is my current set up. The trench you see in the second pic is for a gas line for a standby generator and pool heater.

[attachment=2:45i0o5r4]ImageUploadedByTapatalk1374938648.801857.jpg[/attachment:45i0o5r4]

[attachment=1:45i0o5r4]ImageUploadedByTapatalk1374938676.845682.jpg[/attachment:45i0o5r4]

[attachment=0:45i0o5r4]ImageUploadedByTapatalk1374938714.934976.jpg[/attachment:45i0o5r4]

Attachments

• ImageUploadedByTapatalk1374938648.801857.jpg
    ImageUploadedByTapatalk1374938648.801857.jpg
    74.5 KB · Views: 100
  • ImageUploadedByTapatalk1374938676.845682.jpg
    ImageUploadedByTapatalk1374938676.845682.jpg
    62.4 KB · Views: 101
  • ImageUploadedByTapatalk1374938714.934976.jpg
    ImageUploadedByTapatalk1374938714.934976.jpg
    83.9 KB · Views: 101
So far just dirt from pool hole. I bought some soaker hoses and placed around the pool and the dirt dropped about a foot or so. The pool company came back out Wednesday and backfilled again. My plans are to run the soakers some more. I'll assume once the finishers get here that they'll bring in some sand.
Just my 2 cents worth but I wouldn't pour concrete over that. The risk of more settling and cracking of the deck is quite high. Sand will only exacerbate the problem as it easily washes out..

It could be your PB knows something about your local soil that we don't but that seems quite risky to me. I hate cracked concrete and there are lots and lots of threads here on the forum demonstrating that it occurs with incorrect backfill.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
While you're waiting, read Pool School and order a test kit. Don't bother with test strips; they are worthless. The TF-100 is very popular with people here. I own one and highly recommend it. I can't imagine owning a pool without it. It would be like driving a car with no speedometer or gas guage. Order a SpeedStir at the same time and you'll feel like a professional when you test your water.

Welcome to TFP! :wave:

Scrobbyd said:
I'd even thought about mounting some type of IG flush mount ice chest very near pool side.
Whew...for a while there, I was beginning to think I was the only one who saw value in having a dedicated (presumably electric powered) ice chest near the pool or somewhere on the patio. I think Richard320's advice on electrical outlets is well worth considering and now is the time to do it before you fill in your patio. I have never heard anyone say "Gee, I really wish I didn't have all these electrical outlets." Just a matter of time before I add another outlet or two on the patio.

BTW, the standby generator will be a nice touch.

Thank you all for the input. Here is a little of what I do of that came with my pool purchase. I know it has a Pentair 1.5 hp pump, Hayward sand filter, Hayward Chlorinator, I upgraded for the Hayward Pro Logic, not sure which LED light up grade I got but that was an extra $1400 for both. I also upgraded to the Inter Fab Baja diving board and just ordered the S.R. Smith Turbo Twister slide. This is the most current info I've got on our pool now I've just got to get familiar the Pro Logic. I will be ordering the TF-100 w/ speedstir.

One more thing while I'm asking! Has anyone tried the Glowstones when putting in cement? If so is it a painful process / costly?[attachment=0:3hnsamoi]ImageUploadedByTapatalk1374962369.758586.jpg[/attachment:3hnsamoi]

Attachments

• ImageUploadedByTapatalk1374962369.758586.jpg
    ImageUploadedByTapatalk1374962369.758586.jpg
    23.7 KB · Views: 64
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.