Is there such a thing as pool nirvana with CC at zero?

y_not

Jul 24, 2012
Redmond, OR
Within topic here.
Why do some people on here report 0CCs? Is that even consistently possible, ie is there such a thing as pool nirvana where we can strive for 0 and achieve it? Or no?

I really already know the answer, but simply for the sake of discussion. :)

Re: Does 0.5 CC really not matter?

When I started the BBB method last year, I was using the 25 ml sample size, and most often had .2 or .4 CC with a small smattering of 0 CC thrown in.

The pool also had a much higher bather load.

Of note: I could tell when kids had peed in the pool just by watching the chlorine demand spike for the next two test cycles.

I guess I've embarrassed the kids enough that they don't want to swim here anymore, with the question the next day of "Which one of you did it?"

Technically, no, but in practice yes. CC is constantly being both created and destroyed. In a well maintained pool it is normally destroyed more quickly than it is created, so the level is essentially zero. But if you were magically able to watch the reactions happening, there would be trace amounts of CC in existence for short periods even in an ideally maintained pool.

JasonLion, as usual, has it right. I often add the CC reagent and the water remains perfectly clear. I am sure there is some CC in there somewhere, but as far as the test is concerned, and as far as I am concerned, it is zero.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.