Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Is there such a thing as pool nirvana with CC at zero?

1. Back To Top    #1
    Redmond, OR

Is there such a thing as pool nirvana with CC at zero?

Within topic here.
    Why do some people on here report 0CCs? Is that even consistently possible, ie is there such a thing as pool nirvana where we can strive for 0 and achieve it? Or no?

I really already know the answer, but simply for the sake of discussion.
    Thanks for reading... - Tony
    Da' Pool: Intex 15'x42" 3284gal AGP EasySet (Inflatable Ring) - (Summer 2014: 27' round EW /w 6.5' deep end @ 22,500gal)
    Pump & Cart Mod: 1000gph Cart. 5ft² - 2 nylons, 24/7 OP. Traps bugs/bits, lasts longer/cleans easier = Happier Pool Owner!!
    The Bible for a "Trouble Free Pool" life = PoolSchool, the BBB method a TF100 test kit(Recommend Kits Compared). - Cleaning a Sand Filter
    Water looks like GLASS, if yours doesn't...SLAM IT! Feels nice and never been happier!!! :D

2. Back To Top    #2
    Mexico, MO

Re: Does 0.5 CC really not matter?

When I started the BBB method last year, I was using the 25 ml sample size, and most often had .2 or .4 CC with a small smattering of 0 CC thrown in.

The pool also had a much higher bather load.

Of note: I could tell when kids had peed in the pool just by watching the chlorine demand spike for the next two test cycles.

I guess I've embarrassed the kids enough that they don't want to swim here anymore, with the question the next day of "Which one of you did it?"
    15'x48" 4500 gallon Intex pool, buried 1.5 ft. Pac-Fab Dynamo 3/4 hp pump. Hayward S180T sand filter, bought used. Taylor K-2006 test kit. Rocket mass heater based wood fired pool heater.

3. Back To Top    #3
    Silver Spring, MD

Re: Is there such a thing as pool nirvana with CC at zero?

Technically, no, but in practice yes. CC is constantly being both created and destroyed. In a well maintained pool it is normally destroyed more quickly than it is created, so the level is essentially zero. But if you were magically able to watch the reactions happening, there would be trace amounts of CC in existence for short periods even in an ideally maintained pool.
    19K gal, vinyl, 1/2 HP WhisperFlo pump, 200 sqft cartridge filter, AutoPilot Digital SWG, Dolphin Dynamic cleaning robot
    Creator of PoolMath and Pool Calculator. Other handy links: Support this site, TF Test Kits, Pool School

4. Back To Top    #4
    NW Ohio

Re: Is there such a thing as pool nirvana with CC at zero?

JasonLion, as usual, has it right. I often add the CC reagent and the water remains perfectly clear. I am sure there is some CC in there somewhere, but as far as the test is concerned, and as far as I am concerned, it is zero.
    JD - 28' Round Above Ground Pool, 17,000 Gallons. Dual speed Jacuzzi pump with cartridge filter.
    Pool School - PoolMath - HIGHLY Recommended Test Kits