Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: AquaPro 800 error code "OtA"

1. Back To Top    #1

AquaPro 800 error code "OtA"

I too have been struck by the dreaded, undocumented error code "OtA" only after 4 weeks of service. I purchased the AquaPro 800 model (83,000BTU) from Costco online. It arrived in less than a week and the installation was easy. It heated the pool up from 68F to 84F in less than a 24hr period. I was very pleased with this purchase until I noticed the drop in temp a few days ago and the error code. I just called the problem in today... the woman I spoke with seemed aware of the code and mentioned that a "component" would need replacement to fix the problem. Now I'll just have to wait... I have to say it's rather annoying to have such a new/expensive purchase break like this... If ANYTHING else happens with this unit this season... this unit is going back to Costco and I will seek another heat pump vendor. I'll keep updating as this issue moves on to resolution.

2. Back To Top    #2

San Rafael, CA USA

Re: AquaPro 800 error code "OtA"

Welcome to TFP!

I know this is an old post and no one answered it, but wanted to encourage you to continue to post and ask questions. Not every question gets an answer, but we should have at least welcomed you to the forum.
    16,000 gallon outdoor in-ground 16'x32' plaster pool; Pentair Intelliflo VF pump; Pentair IntelliTouch i9+3s control system; Jandy CL-340 square foot cartridge filter
    12 Fafco solar panels; Purex Triton PowerMax 250 natural gas heater (200,000 BTU/hr output); automatic electric pool safety cover; 4-wheel pressure-side "The Pool Cleaner"