Sorry, just love showing people what the BBB does

Jun 25, 2013
Georgetown, KY
I absolutely LOVE it. I also love when friends with "green" or "cloudy" pools ask what my secret is I simply say Bleach, but also my BIGGEST secret is TFP :) I actually helped a friend get an account on here and showed them the pool school and calculator and how to go through the threads and post and man that felt good lol.. So here's to you TFP :cheers: Just look at my beautiful pool :) I will never and I mean NEVER go to a pool store for anything :party: Happy Friday everyone :)

Attachments

• sobeautiful.jpg
    sobeautiful.jpg
    135.6 KB · Views: 460
duraleigh said:
Wow! :whoot: Give credit to yourself for learning and understanding how to manage your own pool rather than depending on the pool store. :goodjob:

I am proud of myself on that part, but to be honest I would not have the pool look like this if I was not lucky enough to find this site... It is a true dream site for ALL pool owners :)

I LOVE my BBB water too. Maybe you can help me with my question. The kids are dying to swim and the water is so tempting. I added the borates and Muriatic acid as directed about 24 hours ago.

How long do we have to wait to swim, after adding the Borax and Muriatic Acid? The water is beautiful! I did check the PH and TA even though it has only been about 12 hours since I added it. They are both extremely high. Will this come down in the next couple of days? I it safe to swim with it like this?

NHeard said:
I added the borates and Muriatic acid as directed about 24 hours ago.

How long do we have to wait to swim, after adding the Borax and Muriatic Acid? The water is beautiful! I did check the PH and TA even though it has only been about 12 hours since I added it. They are both extremely high. Will this come down in the next couple of days? I it safe to swim with it like this?
Go ahead and add enough acid to get your pH into the 7's, wait 30 minutes, and go swimming.

jerallen said:
When your 4yr old looks at someone else's pool water and gives you a "daddy, what's wrong with their water?" :shock:

You KNOW you've come to the right place! :party:

Great lookng water Melinda1980!!!

lmao right right... Zack (Which is 4 years old) actually asked Nana that same question.. Then he also told her she needed to talk to mommy hehe.... Thank you :)

NHeard said:
I LOVE my BBB water too. Maybe you can help me with my question. The kids are dying to swim and the water is so tempting. I added the borates and Muriatic acid as directed about 24 hours ago.

Agree with Bama :) get that ph good and Enjoy that pool.. Summer is almost over :-(

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Isn't it awesome when you get compliments on how your water looks? I love it!!

People ask my husband how he does it, and he responds by pointing at me and saying to "ask her, she takes care of it". Most assume he is the one doing it, but nope. He was unsure about my using BBB because he always thought you just went to the pool store and got your water tested. Good thing I did my research! He's a believer now :)

Melinda1980 said:
jerallen said:
When your 4yr old looks at someone else's pool water and gives you a "daddy, what's wrong with their water?" :shock:

lmao right right... Zack (Which is 4 years old) actually asked Nana that same question.. Then he also told her she needed to talk to mommy hehe.... Thank you :)

Love this! My kids are the same way. TFP and BBB have created a bunch of mini pool snobs!

crek31 said:
Melinda1980 said:
jerallen said:

Love this! My kids are the same way. TFP and BBB have created a bunch of mini pool snobs!
lmmfao YES, Yes they have hehe

Oh, no! Bad enough when we create Pool Snobs around here, but "mini Pool Snobs"?

"Granpa, why is your water so yucky but Mommy's (the in-law) is so nice?"

I see some family togetherness issues for us BBB'rs.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.