Become a TFP Supporter Welcome to our new server and new forum software. Pool School
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Sorry, just love showing people what the BBB does

Sorry, just love showing people what the BBB does

I absolutely LOVE it. I also love when friends with "green" or "cloudy" pools ask what my secret is I simply say Bleach, but also my BIGGEST secret is TFP I actually helped a friend get an account on here and showed them the pool school and calculator and how to go through the threads and post and man that felt good lol.. So here's to you TFP Just look at my beautiful pool I will never and I mean NEVER go to a pool store for anything Happy Friday everyone
    Attached Images Attached Images
    15' X 48" Intex Metal Frame pool with skimmer on side and Type A filter

Re: Sorry, just love showing people what the BBB does

Beautiful water!
    TFP Moderator
    20K Gallon 20X36 Vinyl Inground
    Hayward S244T Sand Filter with 1HP Whisperflo Pump. Liquidator C-201 and Solar Heat

Senior Member In the Industry

Wow! Give credit to yourself for learning and understanding how to manage your own pool rather than depending on the pool store.
    Dave S.
    Site Owner 42k vinyl and concrete pool, 1.5hp pump, 140gpm filter, No SWG
    TFTestkits owner
    TFTestkits , PoolMath , Pool School

Quote Originally Posted by JohnT
    Beautiful water!
    Thank you

Quote Originally Posted by duraleigh
    Wow! Give credit to yourself for learning and understanding how to manage your own pool rather than depending on the pool store.
    I am proud of myself on that part, but to be honest I would not have the pool look like this if I was not lucky enough to find this site... It is a true dream site for ALL pool owners

When your 4yr old looks at someone else's pool water and gives you a "daddy, what's wrong with their water?"

You KNOW you've come to the right place!

Great lookng water Melinda1980!!!

I LOVE my BBB water too. Maybe you can help me with my question. The kids are dying to swim and the water is so tempting. I added the borates and Muriatic acid as directed about 24 hours ago.

How long do we have to wait to swim, after adding the Borax and Muriatic Acid? The water is beautiful! I did check the PH and TA even though it has only been about 12 hours since I added it. They are both extremely high. Will this come down in the next couple of days? I it safe to swim with it like this?
    15'x48" 4400 gallon Intex metal frame pool, Intex SWG, Sand filter single speed 1000 GPH, BBB method, Borates added!

Quote Originally Posted by NHeard
    I added the borates and Muriatic acid as directed about 24 hours ago.

How long do we have to wait to swim, after adding the Borax and Muriatic Acid? The water is beautiful! I did check the PH and TA even though it has only been about 12 hours since I added it. They are both extremely high. Will this come down in the next couple of days? I it safe to swim with it like this?
    Go ahead and add enough acid to get your pH into the 7's, wait 30 minutes, and go swimming.
    Dave J. TFP Moderator
    24' x 52" Round AGP. 1.5hp Dynamo pump. 24" Pentair Sand Dollar Filter. 45MHP2(3GPD) Stenner Peristaltic Pump
    Pool School ----- Pool Math ----- TF-Test Kit
    You can stop SLAMing your pool when you pass the OCLT (You lose 1ppm or less FC overnight, & You have .5ppm CC's or less) & your water is clear.

Quote Originally Posted by jerallen
    When your 4yr old looks at someone else's pool water and gives you a "daddy, what's wrong with their water?"

lmao right right... Zack (Which is 4 years old) actually asked Nana that same question.. Then he also told her she needed to talk to mommy hehe.... Thank you

Quote Originally Posted by NHeard
    I LOVE my BBB water too. Maybe you can help me with my question. The kids are dying to swim and the water is so tempting. I added the borates and Muriatic acid as directed about 24 hours ago.

Agree with Bama get that ph good and Enjoy that pool.. Summer is almost over

THANK YOU!!! These kids need to get some energy OUT!
    15'x48" 4400 gallon Intex metal frame pool, Intex SWG, Sand filter single speed 1000 GPH, BBB method, Borates added!

Isn't it awesome when you get compliments on how your water looks? I love it!!

People ask my husband how he does it, and he responds by pointing at me and saying to "ask her, she takes care of it". Most assume he is the one doing it, but nope. He was unsure about my using BBB because he always thought you just went to the pool store and got your water tested. Good thing I did my research! He's a believer now
    Indiana, ABG 24'x52" Galveston by Blue Cascade (Craigslist $600 w/part of deck included), 13,500 gallons, Intex SWG, solar panel

My backyard is like a park... Why then does DH always want to go camping??? I just don't understand.

Pool snobbery.
    16K freeform gunite with spa; Pentair 4000 DE filter; Century Whisperflow 1 HP; Pentair Minimax heater.
    Troublefree does not mean Maintenancefree. It's like brushing your teeth: You can spend a couple minutes a day and pennies a week or go to the dentist once a year and spend several thousand dollars.
    A pool is like a pet - you have to feed it every day, even the days you don't want to play with it!

Quote Originally Posted by Richard320
    Pool snobbery.

Ain't it wonderful!
    Angie M.
    AG, 26' x 52" Intex Ultra Frame, vinyl, 14667 gal. And LOVING it!!! Hayward S15922S 1HP, 2SP pump and Hayward S220T Sand Filter. Hard plumbed with PVC, HASA Liquidator, Hydro Pool widemouth skimmer. Set up in May 2012!
    N.E. Florida. TF100 - Best investment EVER! (Well, for the pool anyway)

Quote Originally Posted by Melinda1980

lmao right right... Zack (Which is 4 years old) actually asked Nana that same question.. Then he also told her she needed to talk to mommy hehe.... Thank you
    Love this! My kids are the same way. TFP and BBB have created a bunch of mini pool snobs!
    POOL: Intex ultra new in 2014 (32 x 16 x 52) (seasonal; on concrete pad covered with 1.5" extruded or whatever foam insulation sheets - ugly, but comfy); added a through-wall skimmer; I add salt for feel. EQUIPMENT: Pentair SuperFlo pump (1HP, 2SPD); Pentair cartridge filter (200 sq. ft); Pentair MasterTemp natural gas heater (400,000 btu) Climate/Location: Lincoln, Nebraska

Quote Originally Posted by Richard320
    Pool snobbery.
    Hehe yep yeppers

Quote Originally Posted by crek31
    Quote Originally Posted by Melinda1980

Love this! My kids are the same way. TFP and BBB have created a bunch of mini pool snobs!
    lmmfao YES, Yes they have hehe

Senior Member In the Industry

Oh, no! Bad enough when we create Pool Snobs around here, but "mini Pool Snobs"?

"Granpa, why is your water so yucky but Mommy's (the in-law) is so nice?"

I see some family togetherness issues for us BBB'rs.
    Dave S.
    Site Owner 42k vinyl and concrete pool, 1.5hp pump, 140gpm filter, No SWG
    TFTestkits owner
    TFTestkits , PoolMath , Pool School

I believe I am becoming a "pool snob" hehe

I love that looking at the water makes you want to go swimming......
    32000 gallon, inground, fiberglass, Aqua-Rite SWG, Pentair 420 sqft cartridge filter (Installed-ya baby), Hayward Super II pump 1.5 hp, 144k BTU heat pump, Dolphin Dx5 Plus, and a good test kit from Duraleigh!