Thread: Stenner will make you lazy....

1. Back To Top    #1

Stenner will make you lazy....

FC 4.5
    CC 0
    TA 70
    PH 7.5
    Borates 50

and I've taken to testing weekly. I tweak the pump run time just a weeee little bit every week and add just in the neighborhood of 20 oz MA every week. Right now I have it dosing 3x a day 30 min at 0930, 15 min at 230 pm, 15 min at 730 pm with 6%

I know ... bad BBBer for not testing daily...

but really ....
    TFP Moderator Chris V. ~16K Pool & Spa, 48NSF DE, IG Plaster Circa 2000, Intermatic PE653, Challenger pump with a 2 speed B2984, 20gal stenner chlorine injection, Houston, TX
    One cannot follow Islam and Christianity at the same time, nor can one follow pool store methods and TFP at the same time.
    Pool School -- Pool Math -- TF-Test Kit

2. Back To Top    #2

In the Industry

Re: Stenner will make you lazy....

Actually, I would say you are an excellent BBB'r for understanding your particular pool and knowing what to do and what not to do. Very nice work.
    Dave S.
    42k vinyl and concrete pool, 1.5hp pump, 140gpm filter
    TFTestkits , PoolMath , Pool School

3. Back To Top    #3

Shame on you!

While I'd never ADMIT to not testing like a good TFPer. A friend of a friend told me that they sometimes test only once a week.
    Dave J. TFP Moderator
    24' x 52" Round AGP. 2hp/¼hp SPL Power-Flo 2-speed pump. 200sqft Waterway Cartridge Filter. 45MHP2(3GPD) Stenner Peristaltic Pump
    Pool School ----- Pool Math ----- TF-Test Kit

4. Back To Top    #4

You guys are awesome. I'm doing my best to give back where I can ... But keeping up with you would take super human abilities.

TFP Moderator Chris V. ~16K Pool & Spa, 48NSF DE, IG Plaster Circa 2000, Intermatic PE653, Challenger pump with a 2 speed B2984, 20gal stenner chlorine injection, Houston, TX
    One cannot follow Islam and Christianity at the same time, nor can one follow pool store methods and TFP at the same time.

5. Back To Top    #5

Just don't let it slip to long, personally I find I only have to make manual adjustments to my chlorine level or adjust my chlorine injection pump when there is a big change in bather load or water temperature, but I still test every 3 or 4 days usually, just to sty on top of things. Of course in my case bather load seems to vary considerably, with a lot more activity on the weekends, but not every weekend.
    Indoor 20x40 35,000 gallon vinyl pool with 1.5 HP 2 speed Jandy FloPro pump, Hayward EC75 Perflex DE filter, 11 4x12 Techno-Solis solar panels w/ Aquasolar controller, Aquabot Turbo T Robot Cleaner. Also LMI metering chlorine dispenser pump and HotSpring Jetsetter
    I use and endorse TFtestKits TF-100 from http://tftestkits.net
    ~Remember TFP counts on your donations to keep this site ad free~

6. Back To Top    #6

Im expecting mine to climb gradually through the summer as the water temp rises. If we have a big bather load over the weekend I test and dose. If the water looks 'off' I test and dose. Other from that ... smooth sailing.

7. Back To Top    #7

I gotta tell ya, my SWCG keeps me lazy. I test weekly(give or take a few days) most I have to do is add some MA to lower PH. Got to love BBB! neighbors are still fighting algae but won't listen or just don't believe heir own eyes.
    Ron- Kansas. IG fiberglass, Riviera 30 Freeform 13600 gallons,
    EasyTouch 4 w/IC20 SWCG, Pentair Whisperflo 1hp, 2 speed 220 pump, Hayward ProGrid 4820 DE filter using Eco Klean instead of DE, 2 Savi Melody 12v 5 color LEDs, Raypack 266k btu millivolt heater, Arctic Armour Mesh custom safety cover (Total self Install) TF-100 test kit w/Magic stir.

8. Back To Top    #8

Quote Originally Posted by 4knights
    I gotta tell ya, my SWCG keeps me lazy.
    As I've heard in the office before, "SWG is like magic."

Coming from someone who is pool stored it must seem that way, going a (any) stretch without problems.
    Aaron
    [ Vogue Vectra 24' AG | Hard plumb: Hayward Power-Flo Matrix 1HP 2-speed, 27" sand filter & Pentair MiniMax 100 NG | Taylor K-2006 | Central IL ]