PB did not install bonding

Zippy

Jun 30, 2013
Door County, WI
Noticed today no bonding installed to the pool. Pool is filled with water, is it possible to remove support post to access wall seam bolting to install bonding lug with the pool filled with water? Concerned removing post to access bolting culd cause pool to collapse.

I would try and route the wire up the post and lug it at the top without removeing the post if I could. Theoretically you should be able to remove and replace a post, tying it at the top eliminates the chance of something happening and it still accomplishes the bonding.

Bama, tell me about the bonding wire. We have not connected one yet.

Diagram is fuzzy...could you offer a link with the right config.

Copper #8 wire that should be installed from the lug on our Aqua Trol SWG to the pump and then to a grounded metal source right???

To do it correctly you need to bury a bare #8 wire around the pool 24" from the wall 4 to 6" deep and then connect it to the pool in 4 places equally around it. Then you extend it to any other pieces of metallic equipment larger than 9 sqin.

Bama Rambler said:
To do it correctly you need to bury a bare #8 wire around the pool 24" from the wall 4 to 6" deep and then connect it to the pool in 4 places equally around it. Then you extend it to any other pieces of metallic equipment larger than 9 sqin.

Your pump motor (and heater) should have a separate bonding lug on them as well. You will also need to supply a water bond of at least 9 sq in. If you have a heater, that may be acceptable for a water bond. All of these are to be connected together with the perimiter bond.

Do not have a heater, we swim year round here almost!

But this pool has vinyl rails at the bottom and vinyl caps, coping and struts, in fact the only metal parts are the walls themselves and some screws...it mostly snaps together. So where will I attach the wire to the pool. I could attach to the screws on the metal joint on the wall with the skimmer and jet....right?

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.