dogdays

LifeTime Supporter
Jul 26, 2013
I am in a similar boat as Slim Daddy, been on the sidelines picking up all kind of useful info. New pool filled with water from my pond well, before it was completely full it turned into a green swamp. We commenced to shock and in about 2 days nice and clear. Purchased a TF-100 so I could maintain proper balance and all seemed good.
By the way pool was filled the first of June. Went on a little 4 day holiday and came home to a pool bottom and cove covered with spotty green algae.Pool balanced before trip- TC-5.5, CC-0, PH-7.5, TA-140, CH-260, CYA-50, had floating tri-chlor tabs with filter running 6 hrs a day. Attempting my first SLAM, FC-36, pool brushed, anything that I might of overlooked? :(

1. Keep your chlorine up at SLAM levels at all times during the SLAM.

2. Do everything you can to help your filter clean the pool......backwash/clean/ brush often...especially stuff settled on the floor. Run your filter 24/7 during the process.

THX, duraleigh. I assume I'm on the right track. You folks are awesome, I wouldnt have known where to start.
TFP rocks. BBB user as soon as all pool store products are used. Thx again

I found it was easier to save the pool store items for use during vacation and go straight to bleach and the BBB supplies. Trying to mix LPS methods and BBB methods can be challenging. The LPS supplies are generally based on the idea, dump it in wait a week, call me back next week and this can be useful if you are looking to leave town for a few days and not return to a green pool.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.