Let's start with a bang (picture taken last night at 7:30PM):
This came out of nowhere! Went out of town last weekend, Friday night I brought the pool up to Shock levels because I was going to be away from it for 2 days, and came back to this!
Been maintaining shock levels of chlorine and running the filter 24/7. Brushing once or twice a day!
These were my test results this morning (7:35am): (FC was at 11 last night at 11:00PM)
CYA: < 20 (I keep adding it, it doesn't seem to go up?) Planning on adding more
CC: ~0.5 (within margin of error for the test)
pH: 7.8 (going to get acid to bring down tonight)
I have noticed what looks like a yellow cloud when I brush the shallow end. Chlorine consumption isn't greater than normal, and FC is constantly reading at < 1ppm.
I don't get it, feel very discouraged. I initially thought it was algae, but my OCLT doesn't point to that. So weird.
Thinking about adding some DE to my filter, I would just hate to lose it when I backwash.