I need to replace backwash valve piston, what brand is this?

Jul 26, 2013
Ok simple question. Plastic handle broke on this valve at my rental house. I snapped these pictures of the valve so I can find out which one I need to get. I think the filer brand is Pentair but I don't recall.

3133e6h.jpg

23lbolv.jpg

Hopefully someone can reply quickly so I can order the correct assembly online. Thanks guys appreciated it.

Re: I need to replace backwash valve piston, what brand is t

I would like to say it is a pentair fns plus from what I remember it looks like (going by pics on google). I asked the tenant if she could txt me a picture of the filter but she isn't home right now.

The valve just won't open, hence why I broke the plastic handle , though I never thought of releasing pressure from the filter (doh!) . So I am hoping to replace just the piston/handle assembly. I know I see hayward valve pistons pretty cheap online but Im not sure what brand that valve is.

I am going to guess than any pool store that sells Pentair filters, will have these on the shelf/wall.... within reach of the cashier. I could be wrong but its worth a phone call/visit.

I wonder if I can use the newer piston? The older one seems to cost more. I know I told my folks around $50 bucks, and im unemployed otherwise I would cover the costs.

I think my local pool store's cost is a bit more than ordering online.

But your local store has it in stock and if it's not correct will work with you to get it fixed/correct. It may still be cheaper if you need to pay shipping, especially if you have an issue and need exchange. If you could take the valve stem into the store, they can help you confirm you have the correct parts before you drive back to the pool to install. Don't forget a tube of pool lube, you will need some, somewhere in this project. Lube the pump basket o-ring while you have it all off.

I use a collection of vacuum hoses and plugs to isolate the pump/filter from as I have no valves in my plumbing.

I know we need LPS and this is why I support them when practical, even if I buy my chemicals at a box store.

Thanks for the response, I called up my local store and described the valve to them, and they also came to the conclusion of that pentair 51013811

I came across this on ebay http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?Vi ... AQ:US:1123 and also that is in the city I am in, so I think that may do it.. but the stock picture does not match, so I sent them a message , waiting for their reply.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.