Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Post vacuuming schmutz?

1. Back To Top    #1

Post vacuuming schmutz?

There has to be a trick here that I'm missing-

How do you turn off the pump to take the vacuum cover plate off the skimmer basket and drain the hose yet keep the last of the schmutz in the basket and not returning to the pool itself!?

I feel kinda stupid here....?
    My Amazon Smile for November12K Fiberglass IG, Infinity 4000 automatic cover, SWCG, Hayward Sand Filter, Hayward 1.5 Pump, Doheny Discovery Robot, Savi Melody LED pool lights, outdoor speakers and other assorted doo-dads. Sundance Altamar Hot Tub.
    Our pool build--> Our Pool Solved Our Sloping Yard Skippy's Cheap Pool Cooler -->Skippy's New Fountain

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: Post vacuuming schmutz?

I don't turn off the pump. I pull the hose off and then pull the vacuum plate off and then remove the skimmer basket with the pump still running. Even if you have to stop the pump to get the vacuum plate off you can restart it so that the debris gets pulled back into the basket ans then you cna remove it. The skimmer weir should stop the stuff from going back into the pool.
    Dave J. TFP Moderator
    24' x 52" Round AGP. 2hp/¼hp SPL Power-Flo 2-speed pump. 200sqft Waterway Cartridge Filter. 45MHP2(3GPD) Stenner Peristaltic Pump
    Pool School ----- Pool Math ----- TF-Test Kit

3. Back To Top    #3

Re: Post vacuuming schmutz?

Quote Originally Posted by Bama Rambler
    The skimmer weir should stop the stuff from going back into the pool.
    Hmmmm... it should but it doesn't seem to once the pump is off. That lil door just flaps open and shut with any splash of water.
    My Amazon Smile for November12K Fiberglass IG, Infinity 4000 automatic cover, SWCG, Hayward Sand Filter, Hayward 1.5 Pump, Doheny Discovery Robot, Savi Melody LED pool lights, outdoor speakers and other assorted doo-dads. Sundance Altamar Hot Tub.
    Our pool build--> Our Pool Solved Our Sloping Yard Skippy's Cheap Pool Cooler -->Skippy's New Fountain