Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Waterfall Lighting

1. Back To Top    #1

Waterfall Lighting

Hello

I'm in the beginning process of building my own inground pool and have found almost all the components i would like.

However i'm running into an issue with the waterfall lighting. I have a 2 way waterfall (1 side falls into spa and the other in pool and can vary between one, the other or both).

I'm searching for lighting and have come up dry. I'm going to use pentair equipment and see they have fountain fixtures but what lights go inside?

FWIW i plan on using 2- intellibrite 5g's in the pool and 1 in the spa

Also i would like to have the pool side lighting on the rockwork come on with the pool lights etc.

What is everyone using for rockwork lighting?

Thanks

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: Waterfall Lighting

No idea on the waterfall lights, but what do you mean by rockwork lighting? Lots of ways to illuminate it, depending on the shape of the stonework, materials, etc. Can you post a pic?
    11,200 gal, Pebble-Tec; Tristar 2-speed 1hp - Swimclear 325 ft2 cart - SWG - A & A in-floor cleaner - Heat pump. For the poolside cooking, a Yoder Wichita and a Big Steel Keg!
    TF Test Kits -- PoolMath -- Pool School
    Make each day your masterpiece. - John Wooden

3. Back To Top    #3

I am in the same boat. I just ordered one Pentair landscape light to check it out... a little expensive, but I think the best way to light rockwork around a pool and have it match up with pool colors and sequences if you want to.

As for waterfall, I am also looking... for both waterfall, and inside of cave... also, I have a slide into teh pool and a few nights ago while watching people come down it in darkness, it occurred to me that it would be pretty cool to light the slide chute somehow... problem is, I do not know of any lighting that is officially "code approved" for use where it will get wet and be that close to the water, aside form fiber optic. Still looking...
    32K gal, gunite, French Gray DB, IntelliFlo VF, IntelliFlo, WhisperFlo, Quad DE 100 filter, IntelliTouch, IC-60 SWG, IntelliChem, Dolphin M5

4. Back To Top    #4

Quote Originally Posted by jtech1
    I am in the same boat. I just ordered one Pentair landscape light to check it out... a little expensive, but I think the best way to light rockwork around a pool and have it match up with pool colors and sequences if you want to.

As for waterfall, I am also looking... for both waterfall, and inside of cave... also, I have a slide into teh pool and a few nights ago while watching people come down it in darkness, it occurred to me that it would be pretty cool to light the slide chute somehow... problem is, I do not know of any lighting that is officially "code approved" for use where it will get wet and be that close to the water, aside form fiber optic. Still looking...

I am really interested in the Pentair landscape lights. However they are really expensive. Please let us know how it works out.
    Approx 11K Gal. 10'X30' Semi free-form IG - 6 ' raised spa w/6 jets - 10' circle sun shelf with 1 bubbler - Waterfall - 3 / 1.5 HP pumps - Polaris 280 Cleaner - 3 Pentair Color LED Intellibrite Lights - Pentair 400K Master Temp - 2 Valve Actuators - 5 Fiberstar Mini Laminars - 1 Fiberstars 2004 Illuminator - 2 Skimmers - 6 Returns - Caribbean Blue Pebble Tech - 600+ sq ft kool decK - Auto Fill - 2 Boston Acoustics VOYA RK5 Outdoor Rock Speakers - 2 TIC Corporation TFS5CN 6.5-Inch 150-Watt Terra-Forms Rock Speakers - Apple Airport Express - 1 Awesome View.

5. Back To Top    #5

Rockwork = waterfall

Im assuming the pentair fountain fixtures Are made for 5g's is this correct?

I prefer not to spend $1500+ on rockwork lighting if i dont have to.