My new pool!

Jun 12, 2008
Hi! Newbie here. :wave: I have been lurking for awhile. You have a lot of great info here. We have been meeting with PBs and got an estimate today. What do you think?

16 X 32 vinyl sport pool
said they put gunite in the bottom of the pool
3 1/2 - 5 1/2 - 3 1/2
SWG (mineral springs sanitation system)
30 mil liner
stained concrete decking 4' x 4' x 6' x 8'
Hayward Super Pump
Hayward T-Series Sand Filter
1 skimmer - 2 bottom drain
2 return lines
separate designated cleaner line
hydraflow step jet
automatic overflow
polaris 380 automatic cleaner
automatic timer (do we need this?)
2 lights - 500 watt
stone coping
single tier fountain

I hope to update this post with pics of our pool build!!!!
:lol:

Re: My new pool?

Hi 1Kristy1~

Can't wait to watch your build! 8)

Yes, you want a timer. The timer lets you set things up so the pump runs say 8 hours a day, or however long you want, instead of needing to manually turn the pump on and off each day.

Thanks for the welcome!! We've already met with and chosen another pb and pool. lol Neither has specified the size of pipe. I'll have to check on that. I'll also have to check on the 2 speed pump. Thank you so much.

We are around Atlanta and we have chosen Hilltop Pools. We have heard so many good things about this Pb.

Here are the specs so far:

16' 6" X33 Lagoon Shaped
Sport pool 3' 5' 3'
shotcrete/pebble tec (Tahoe Blue?) :-D
textured decking?
1 300 watt light (going to change this to 2) Is this bright enough?
tanning shelf 4 x 8 :-D
inside bench 5 w/step
swg
1.5 hp pump
1 skimmer
3 returns
dual main drains with valve
we may add a heater and a fountain/bubbler?

Thoughts?

Kristy,
Congrats! Our pools are very similiar. We also chose a sport pool so that we could enjoy the entire pool and not just 1/4 of it. We were also undecided about the heater but figured it would cost more later to install. We found both the SWG and the Heater for much less on the internet :google: then what the pool company quoted. We did negotioate for them to install both. Something to consider. Can't wait to see pic's of your build, enjoy the summer!!!

Raquel

One tip, don't let them sucker you into the Mineral Springs Beginnings and Renewal. These are just a very expensive mix of salt, borates, and CYA. Use plain solar salt, add the proper amount of CYA (60-80 ppm) and then add borates if you want (there is a sticky on how to do that in the Chemistry 101 section).
The Mineral Springs SWG is actually a rebranded Goldline Aquarite SWG.

Hi Kristy,

Welcome to TFP!

I don't have an inground pool, but I ran across a thread on another forum where members listed things they wish they had done, or not done, as the case may be. A couple of the things mentioned were the depth of the tanning shelf, contract provisions and locations of returns. I found it to be a good read. Here's the link:

http://www.poolforum.com/pf2/showthread.php?t=8111

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support

I didn't like the timer that came with my pool; to set it, you flipped the switch and listened for the beep; one beep for 24 hrs, 2 beeps for 12, 3 beeps for 8, and 4 beeps for 6. It was difficult to make sure you got the "beeps" right, you couldn't break up your run time into two blocks of time per day, and there was no clock to choose exactly when you wanted the timer to go on and off. I went to Home Depot, and got one of their mechanical outdoor timers. It's very simple, and works well.

Thanks so much for the tips!! I am nervous because they are coming tomorrow to sign the contract! ACK! :shock:

Forgot to mention that this includes the Kreepy Kruiser...From what I am reading maybe I should ask for the aquabot or buy one on my own...?

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.