Looking For First Hand Experience With Aqua Rite SWCG

Jul 3, 2013
So like the title says I am looking for some first hand input on this unit. Local pool store wants $1585 including the 40K gallon cell. It can be found significantly cheaper online. I want to go with the 40K gallon cell on my 21K gallon pool to help the cell last longer by not having to work as hard (hopefully).

Anyway,

Thanks in advance for any help.

You should be able to find the unit for right around $1k. If the bill for install is more than a couple hundred, you are being charged way too much. I've been using a Hayward Aqua Rite T-15 (the 40k sized unit) for several years. The cell lasted over seven years before I had to replace it at a cost of around $500. All in all, I'm very happy with the unit. Two of my neighbors have now made the switch to the same system I have.

Thanks for the input chief. Reading the AquaRite manual online, it states CH should be 200-400 ppm. Is this for an inground plaster type pool? Mine is currently at 40 ppm. My current TA is 80 ppm, and I plan on adding several more pounds of baking soda.

Thanks,

Mike

No, you don't want to raise the TA. Your TA should ideally be 60-80 to prevent the pH from constantly drifting upward, which is common with a SWG. So you are fine there. Yes the CH is for plaster, you don't need to raise to if you are vinyl. In fact with a low CH you won't have as much problem with scale on the plates. Looks like you are ready to go.

I have seen that unit on sale for around $900. Should work well for you, and the install is pretty easy if you have ever done any PVC work and installed an outlet or light switch.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.