Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: New pool build - Central Texas

1. Back To Top    #1

New pool build - Central Texas

OK, so after asking 1,000 or so questions here and lurking for longer than I would care to admit, we have started on our pool!!! Groundbreaking was on 7/23/13. I was going to start the post on 7/22/13, but after reading all of the builds here, I was too paranoid that I was going to jinx something! Silly, I know, but it still kept me from posting!!!

We have a mountain of dirt in the yard, and an excavator sitting on top of it like it is "king of the hill"! I will post before/during/after pics as I can. I think they are making good progress.

The pool will be a 16' x 32' rectangle 3 ft on shallow end/6 ft on deep end. No diving board or slide. Vinyl liner, cozy cove, LED light. We are really excited and anxious as everyone is when ground is broken!!!!

Once the IG pool is finished, we will have to find a new home for our 15' AGP and 16x24 deck!

Thanks for all of the advice so far, and I will try to keep posting promptly for the build!

redintex
    16x32 in-ground vinyl-lined pool
    Hayward 1.5 hp 2 speed pump
    Hayward 24" Pro-Series High rate sand filter
    Pentair Intellichlor IC-40 SWG, Pentair multi-color LED light.
    TF-100 Test Kit (the best test kit EVER!!!! If you don't have one, get one NOW!)

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: New pool build - Central Texas

Good Luck with the pool build. Remember, we love pics
    Gold Supporter, TFP Lifetime Supporter, 26,680 gal Plaster IGP 3.5 - 10' depth / Attached Waterfall Spa, Manually Chlorinated, Triton Sand Filter, 1.5 HP * 1.1 SF = 1.65 SFHP 1-speed Pentair WhisperFlo WF-26 Pump, 400K BTU NG Teledyne Laars Series One Heater, Polaris 360, Test Kit Comparison, Chlorine/CYA Chart, SLAMing Your Pool, OCLT
    A good test kit is an investment, not an expense.

3. Back To Top    #3

Re: New pool build - Central Texas

Y'all bear with me - trying to get photos uploaded. Here SHOULD be one before getting started. Day 1 is actually a misnomer, as they didn't break down until about 4:30 PM. It was communicated that it would be a short day, as they were finishing another job and starting to move equipment, so it was all good to us. We were just glad that ground was being broken!!!
    Attached Images Attached Images
    16x32 in-ground vinyl-lined pool
    Hayward 1.5 hp 2 speed pump
    Hayward 24" Pro-Series High rate sand filter
    Pentair Intellichlor IC-40 SWG, Pentair multi-color LED light.
    TF-100 Test Kit (the best test kit EVER!!!! If you don't have one, get one NOW!)