Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Platform for pool

1. Back To Top    #1

Platform for pool

I am a new pool owner, only had the pool up for a couple of days before we realized should have done more homework regarding the leveling of the location of the pool. Drained pool now before we refill wanting to level off the ground but was thinking that a small platform. Looking at only about 8" off the ground and just leveling the platform and not worrying about leveling the ground. The pool is 14' by 42" Intex Ultra Frame. Looking for any thoughts from experience AGP owners......Any help is appreciated.

2. Back To Top    #2
    Mexico, MO

Re: Platform for pool

A platform made out of what?

How much do you think your pool is going weigh when full?

I think you would be better off with leveling the ground. Wouldn't want any part of a platform breaking and poking holes in the liner.
    15'x48" 4500 gallon Intex pool, buried 1.5 ft. Pac-Fab Dynamo 3/4 hp pump. Hayward S180T sand filter, bought used. Taylor K-2006 test kit. Rocket mass heater based wood fired pool heater.

3. Back To Top    #3

SpringHill FL

Your looking to try and support 24-30k pounds of water???? Might not be the best idea
    15x30 gunite 18k gallons Hayward star clear plus 120sqft cart

4. Back To Top    #4
    Elverson Pa.

Don't waste your time or the safety of others. Water is approx 8 lbs a gallon.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk.
    24'x54" AG Morada RTR (by wilbar) 13'500 gal. Hayward Powerflo Matrix 1hp 2 speed. Hayward Perflex EC65 DE filter.

5. Back To Top    #5
    laconia, NH

Just level the ground by digging down the high side.

Another option is having a thick concrete pad poured. But I would just get a 2x4x8 a 4 foot level a 2 ft level will work if a 4 ft is out of your reach a flat and spaded shovel for digging and a metal rake. Tons of YouTube vids on leveling a pool site.

Getting the pool site level is the hardest part of setting up an intex pool. My first year or 2 with intex pools was a mess, I was always draining and re-leveling as I have 3 young kids and when pool legs started to sink (rookie without pavers) or if it showed more then an inch off I would drain and redo.

My wife hated it but our pool is set up on a slope with trees all the way down the slope and I don't want the pool to have any chance to fail and slam my kids off those trees. lucky to say that I'm on my 5-6th season with an intex pool and I've had easy sets and metal frames and no major failures.

These pools are tons of fun and almost any kid could spend a day swimming and enjoying themselves, but it all comes down to getting the area level by digging down to level.

It may have already been mentioned but just incase, intex pools come with under sized filters your first upgrade should be a good sand filter. The intex sand filters work great. I have the 1,600 gph sand filter and love how much easier it makes keeping the pool clean.
    Intex Ultra frame 16x48
    Intex 1600GPH Sand Filter
    Taylor K-2005 test kit