Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Reading CYA Levels

1. Back To Top    #1

Reading CYA Levels

Hey guys.

Yup, the end result, I'm just that dense. The CYA level readings are around the other side of the comparator tube in the Taylor kit. I thought I'd searched it all over for markings but somehow missed that.

Story of my life. I can mix the two chemicals and do the test and then get stuck on the simple part.

Thanks for the help.

Steve
    24' Round Above-Ground Pool, 13500 Gallons
    Triton Meteor Sand Filter

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: Reading CYA Levels

Steve, don't sweat it. I believe I made the exact same mistake years ago when I first got my Taylor kit. I think I called Taylor to find out.

In case anyone searches for this thread and wants to know what we are talking about -- it's this link where the CYA test markings are on the back of the Taylor comparator.

Richard
    16,000 gallon outdoor in-ground 16'x32' plaster pool; Pentair Intelliflo VF pump; Pentair IntelliTouch i9+3s control system; Jandy CL-340 square foot cartridge filter
    12 Fafco solar panels; Purex Triton PowerMax 250 natural gas heater (200,000 BTU/hr output); automatic electric pool safety cover; 4-wheel pressure-side "The Pool Cleaner"

3. Back To Top    #3

Yeah, for some reason that initial thread from earlier today is gone.

Steve
    24' Round Above-Ground Pool, 13500 Gallons
    Triton Meteor Sand Filter

4. Back To Top    #4

We just went through a major site upgrade and some of the more recent posts were lost in the transition. All of the posts should be fine from here on.
    19K gal, vinyl, 1/2 HP WhisperFlo pump, 200 sqft cartridge filter, AutoPilot Digital SWG, Dolphin Dynamic cleaning robot
    Creator of PoolMath and Pool Calculator. Other handy links: Support this site, TF Test Kits, Pool School