Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Opinions

1. Back To Top    #1

Opinions

Ok, I just redid my deck with is 16.5x23.5..I had intentions of moving my pool from the other side of the yard to next to my deck. I had a friend over today who put a very good question in my head, why not put the pool on the back side of the deck. I know the deck could hold the weight, but has any one else done this?
    13500 gallons
    Intex 2650 Sand filter pump
    AG

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: Opinions

I might be clueless here, or have insufficient information, but just I don't think I want to to be anywhere close when you decide to see if that deck (regardless of design) can hold just shy of 113,000 pounds. 56.5 tons. Plus the weight of the hardware.......

Just Sayin.................
    24 foot AG Vinyl, 10 year old wall, 1 year old liner
    Hayward 240T Sand (free!)
    Hayward 1.5 hp pump (free)
    BBB just ROCKS!

3. Back To Top    #3

I agree with sbn, that is a ton of weight and I highly doubt your deck was built to hold that much.
    TFP Expert who uses Pool School and my TF100 test kit along with PoolMath for my: Round 11K gallon AGP with deep end, 20" sand filter, Matrix 1hp 2spd, 6 2ftX20ft solar panels (and solar cover!), Intex SWCG (copper bars disconnected) and a Rubadub hot tub (chlorine). The SLAM process is not finished until: 1. CC < 0.5 ppm, 2. An OCLT < 1.0 ppm and, 3. The water is crystal clear.

4. Back To Top    #4

BIL put his on a purpose built deck, I never look real close at it so don't know how well built it is.
    Dan D
    Used 2003 Aqua Leader 27'x52", 17,800 w/10" hopper, SwimPro SW256T 250# sand filter, Hayward PowerFlo LX pump 1hp impellor, Emerson 1 1/2 hp motor, setup Aug 2012 Summer 2011 used Summer Escapes Ring pool 14' x 42", Intex 1600gph sand filter, HTH 6 way test kitTF-100 w/stirrer, Well water @ FC=0, PH=7.2, TA=290, CH=320

5. Back To Top    #5

Defiantly don't put that on your deck unless it was engineered for the weight.

Jeff
    24'x54" AG Morada RTR (by wilbar) 13'500 gal. Hayward Powerflo Matrix 1hp 2 speed. Hayward Perflex EC65 DE filter.

6. Back To Top    #6

Thanks, was just a thought..the deck is only like 6" off the ground also..so not a high deck or anything, but regardless I will be putting it next to it.
    13500 gallons
    Intex 2650 Sand filter pump
    AG

7. Back To Top    #7

A 6 inch deck just means when the deck fails, you would have 6 inches of wood sticking up into the pool instead of a 3..4..5 foot deck.

Good decision!

My deck is only a foot or so off the ground, next to my 54 inch walls.
    -- Guy --
    10K gallons in 21' Round 52 inch wall Aqualeader AG, Hayward Power Flow LX 1.5 HP pump motor, Hayward Perflex EC50AC DE filter w/Cellulose, Wide mouth skimmer, 2013 new Diver Dan (craigslist) to replace the faded old Hayward AquaBug. TF-100

8. Back To Top    #8

Good choice... I would hate to think what would happen if the deck failed while people were in the pool!
    Indiana, ABG 24'x52" Galveston by Blue Cascade (Craigslist buy w/part of deck included), 13,500 gallons, Intex SWG, solar panels mix 2, TF-100 test kit.

Test kits compared
    Purchase test kits